Notices

Closed Thread

Old 10-30-2017, 03:22 AM   #811
barnaba7
barnaba7 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo WiFi
Hello.
i have problem with my kobo n647
can you send me the image for the firmware and instruction on how to burn the image to the sd card.
thanks so much
Old 10-30-2017, 05:45 AM   #812
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
PM sent.

For instructions, see Memory Upgrade Mod Guide. They are for the Glo, but the basic steps and tools are the same.
Advert
Old 12-01-2017, 03:42 PM   #813
angieee
angieee began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo wireless
Hiii

I have the same problem on my kobo wireless : firmware 1.9.12, no book found and onboard storage not visible.

Could I get a disk image for it please?
Model: N289

Thank you very very very much
Old 12-01-2017, 05:48 PM   #814
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

PM sent.
Old 12-16-2017, 12:15 AM   #815
stdoubt
stdoubt began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo N647
Wow - this is an amazingly long thread to solve a problem that I assumed was simply related to the age of my kobo N647. Once the issue occured a couple of months ago (no books found) I reset a few times then gave up and bought a new(ish) one.

I think my daughter will appreciate a reader if I can fix it.

@davidfor - I would be much obliged if you could send me a copy of the working N647 firmware.

Thanks,
STDOUbT
Advert
Old 12-16-2017, 01:48 AM   #816
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.
Old 12-16-2017, 09:59 PM   #817
stdoubt
stdoubt began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo N647
Hurray!

It took a few goes as the image writing kept failing at around 50%. Not sure if it was simply persistence or something to do with the various partionings and surface tests I tried, but eventually I got it working.

Funnily enough, the first time it started with the new image it showed me the last book I was reading - Don Quixote!

Thanks @davidfor - couldn't have done it without you...
Old 12-26-2017, 04:51 PM   #818
Jandjkenny
Jandjkenny began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo n647
Hi there,

I just recent bought a used kobo N647 that seemed to be in great shape and powered on and everything seemed to be fine so we went through with the sale, however after giving it for a gift and trying to setup wireless and add books multiple ways I believe the update she did just before selling it caused the same issues as this thread as our pc shows the books that are loaded but everything on the reader is blank. I would love if I could re image the internal SD card and get this working if you still have the image available. I believe you posted a link for instructions to reflash the image.
Thanks for your help.
Old 12-26-2017, 04:59 PM   #819
flyboy320
Groupie
flyboy320 is a glorious beacon of lightflyboy320 is a glorious beacon of lightflyboy320 is a glorious beacon of lightflyboy320 is a glorious beacon of lightflyboy320 is a glorious beacon of lightflyboy320 is a glorious beacon of lightflyboy320 is a glorious beacon of lightflyboy320 is a glorious beacon of lightflyboy320 is a glorious beacon of lightflyboy320 is a glorious beacon of lightflyboy320 is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kobo wifi E-Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jandjkenny View Post
Hi there,

I just recent bought a used kobo N647 that seemed to be in great shape and powered on and everything seemed to be fine so we went through with the sale, however after giving it for a gift and trying to setup wireless and add books multiple ways I believe the update she did just before selling it caused the same issues as this thread as our pc shows the books that are loaded but everything on the reader is blank. I would love if I could re image the internal SD card and get this working if you still have the image available. I believe you posted a link for instructions to reflash the image.
Thanks for your help.
PM sent...
Old 12-28-2017, 07:18 PM   #820
brettsta
brettsta began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo wireless
Kobo wireless stuck on update

Hi
My kobo wireless is stuck on the "Updating the software on your eReader..." screen. I'm thinkinf a firmware upgrade may help, can you please send files & instructions?
Many thanks in advance

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkey View Post
Hi
My n647b is stuck after updating, my kobo is now unusable.

I've tried resetting but nothing works :'(

Please could you send me the link for the image?

I'd be very grateful

Thanks in advance.
Old 12-28-2017, 07:47 PM   #821
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by brettsta View Post
Hi
My kobo wireless is stuck on the "Updating the software on your eReader..." screen. I'm thinkinf a firmware upgrade may help, can you please send files & instructions?
Many thanks in advance
The device is stuck upgrading the firmware and you think a firmware update might help? Sorry, that seems like a weird But, it' likely correct.

But, the first thing you should do is a manual factory reset. Sorry, I don't know to do this for the WiFi, but I know the instructions have been posted here in the past.

I can send you an image for the WiFi, but I need to know which it is. There were three different versions, and each need a different image. The versions were identified with the model number somewhere on the end of the device. The model numbers were, N289, N647 and N647B. You might have been saying which version it was by quoting an earlier post, but I would rather be sure.

For instructions, see Memory Upgrade Mod Guide. They are for the Glo, but the basic steps and tools are the same.
Old 12-29-2017, 12:38 AM   #822
Jandjkenny
Jandjkenny began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo n647
Hi guys,

Thanks so much for the image and instructions, it all went smoothly and the ereader is running smoothly.

Thanks
Old 02-07-2018, 08:19 AM   #823
Kirat
Kirat began at the beginning.

Device: kobo n647
Hello.
I have problem with my kobo n647/
Can you send me the image for the firmware and instruction on how to burn the image to the sd card.
Thanks so much
Old 02-07-2018, 08:28 AM   #824
flyboy320
Groupie
flyboy320 is a glorious beacon of lightflyboy320 is a glorious beacon of lightflyboy320 is a glorious beacon of lightflyboy320 is a glorious beacon of lightflyboy320 is a glorious beacon of lightflyboy320 is a glorious beacon of lightflyboy320 is a glorious beacon of lightflyboy320 is a glorious beacon of lightflyboy320 is a glorious beacon of lightflyboy320 is a glorious beacon of lightflyboy320 is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kobo wifi E-Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirat View Post
Hello.
I have problem with my kobo n647/
Can you send me the image for the firmware and instruction on how to burn the image to the sd card.
Thanks so much
PM sent...
Old 02-07-2018, 08:30 AM   #825
Kirat
Kirat began at the beginning.

Device: kobo n647
Many thanks
Closed Thread