Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 12-14-2013, 07:05 AM   #1
er_deivid
er_deivid began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle & Calibre
Better way to listen audiobooks

Hello everyone! I've read this forum sometimes but I haven't participate yet, sorry.

I like to listen audiobooks at the same time that I read the book. Nowadays I do it using Calibre and VLC player but it's a bit unconfortable because everyday I have to syncronize boths.
Do you know any better way to listen audiobooks and read the same book?
If not, do you know a better program to listen audiobooks? VLC Player it's fine, but as the audiobook long 11h it's a bit unconfortable too.

Thank you very much!
er_deivid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 07:59 AM   #2
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by er_deivid View Post
Hello everyone! I've read this forum sometimes but I haven't participate yet, sorry.

I like to listen audiobooks at the same time that I read the book. Nowadays I do it using Calibre and VLC player but it's a bit unconfortable because everyday I have to syncronize boths.
Do you know any better way to listen audiobooks and read the same book?
If not, do you know a better program to listen audiobooks? VLC Player it's fine, but as the audiobook long 11h it's a bit unconfortable too.

Thank you very much!
Welcome aboard

Have you tried Whispersync for Voice and Immersion Reading from Amazon?

Whispersync pairs and syncs selected Kindle ebooks with Audible audiobooks. You don't need a membership with Audible to use this feature and the audiobooks are priced fairly low after you purchase the Kindle book. To start you off, Amazon will give you five free pairs of classic books. That'll give you a chance to see if you like it.

Quote:
What is Immersion Reading?

Kindle Fire HDX, Kindle Fire HD 2nd Generation, Kindle Fire HD, and Kindle Fire 2nd Generation owners now have the ability to read the Kindle book and listen to the professionally narrated Audible audiobook simultaneously with real-time word highlighting. Immersion Reading is a revolutionary innovation that will support and delight children learning to read, readers learning English as a second language, or anyone wanting to boost reading comprehension.

Last edited by tubemonkey; 12-15-2013 at 12:54 AM. Reason: corrected Immersion Reading statement
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-14-2013, 10:04 PM   #3
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
I use a Nook tablet with the Smart Player app. You can adjust the speed of the reader to match your reading speed. You can bookmark both and stop when you want and then start up with convenience.
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 10:16 PM   #4
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
On my Kindle Fire HD the Voice is Professional Not Computer IF is synced with the Ebook.
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 12:54 AM   #5
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie1 View Post
On my Kindle Fire HD the Voice is Professional Not Computer IF is synced with the Ebook.
I stand corrected. I didn't realize it synced with the Audible book. The short statement in the first link I gave didn't say that, so I assumed it was computer generated.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-15-2013, 05:45 AM   #6
er_deivid

Thank you for answer!
I would like to use it with the ebook and audiobook that I'm currently reading. However, perhaps in a future I will choose amazon because it's very interesting

(If anyone is doing the same. What I've done more or less is activate "Remember my current position" on VLC and read with calibre; at least when I open the audio and the book are at the same position)

Kind regards!
Old 12-16-2013, 06:47 PM   #7
taosaur
intelligent posterior
taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Samsung S8, Lenovo Tab 3 Pro
If the only devices at hand are a Windows PC and a Kindle, you probably have it about as good as it will get. Personally, I haven't found Whispersync that useful, either. It only gets me in the ballpark of where I left off, in part because I often fall asleep listening to audiobooks (not the apps' fault). I've just gotten better at finding my place each time.

If you also listen to books before bed or tend to nod off, a sleep timer can be a big help. I imagine VLC has one.
taosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 04:43 AM   #8
er_deivid

Yes, and windows has a timer too. I'm not going to fall asleep because I'm trying to correct my pronunciation of some words in English But I agree with you because I have fallen sleep with an audiobook (in Spanish) and I dind't have a timer to stop the audio haha

Thank you very much!