Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 04-17-2018, 01:47 AM   #481
johnnyb
Cloud Reader
johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kindle Scribe, iPad Pro 11
To sum up: Kobo is most likely correct in giving a damn about the quality of their software.
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 03:13 AM   #482
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyb View Post
To sum up: Kobo is most likely correct in giving a damn about the quality of their software.
Well, in the end, you exchange bugs by features, you make a balance and you decide. Amazon software is very stable... as my old Renault 4 without air conditioning, with manual change and so on... perhaps my current car has more faults, but it gives me more comfort. Each one his/her own.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-17-2018, 03:53 AM   #483
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
I agree. Kobo do give a damn about the quality of their software. I have seen enough evidence in their product and behaviour to know that they care about what they put out.

Or did you make a mistake in you statement and managed to reverse the meaning of what would have been an inflammatory, derogatory and essentially pointless statement?
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 05:05 AM   #484
johnnyb
Cloud Reader
johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Ok, maybe for the sake of clarification: which new features has Kobo added to the firmware since say 3.12 that were not strictly device-specific requirements?
Old 04-17-2018, 05:30 AM   #485
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Ok, maybe for the sake of clarification: which new features has Kobo added to the firmware since say 3.12 that were not strictly device-specific requirements?
Order by series and authors screen in the library. Subtitle in the own line in the library view. Link to add to collection from the details screen inside the book.
Advert
Old 04-17-2018, 05:31 AM   #486
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer

Well, and overdrive integration for Kobo Aura One, of course.
Old 04-17-2018, 11:06 AM   #487
johnnyb
Cloud Reader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
Order by series and authors screen in the library. Subtitle in the own line in the library view. Link to add to collection from the details screen inside the book.
Thanks, that explains why they had to pull so many resources from bugfixing. These are all really complex tasks to implement.
Old 04-17-2018, 12:39 PM   #488
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer

I get the irony, yes, 😁, but more than you can say about other companies
Old 04-17-2018, 01:22 PM   #489
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
You have to include support for new CPUs on some devices (which led to a quiet Mark 2 release).

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 05:42 PM   #490
the reader2012
the reader2012 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo touch
lost in austin

can anyone tell me how the get the lost in Austin award I've got 60% right now but can't seem to figure out how to get 100%
the reader2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 05:49 PM   #491
the reader2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by auriel View Post
^ Sorry, a couple of us (or maybe mostly me...) kinda derailed the thread a bit. I kinda assumed the awards were the same on every device when I started posting in here.

I can start an iOS list, I have these awards (most of which are the same as KT awards):

Welcome To Reading Life Start using Reading Life
BookLover Sign into Kobo on the device (I think?)
Facebook Connect the Kobo app to your Facebook profile
I <3 My Library Add a couple books to your library
Once Upon A Time Start reading a book
Not An Open Book Finish a book
Pressed For Details Do a long press on a book to see the overview
Scout Leader Earn 10 awards
Highly Decorated Earn 20 awards
Deep Thinker Make a note in a book (I think the note requires a minimum number of characters)
Inverted Comma Highlight a passage
Night Rider Read at night
Word Up Look up 10 words using the built in dictionary
Papillon Make 10 shares to Facebook
Total Recall Read a book twice
Free Loader Add 10 free ebooks to your library
Afternoon Rush Hour Read 5 times between 4pm - 6pm
Happy Hour Read 5 times between 6pm - 8pm
Primetime Read 5 times between 8pm - 10pm
Better In Bed Read 5 times between 10pm - 12am
Witching Hour Read 5 times between 12am - 1am
Sleeping In Read 5 times between 9am - 12pm
I Eat Books For Lunch Read 5 times between 12pm - 2pm
Playing Hooky Read 5 times between 2pm - 4pm
Off The Wall Share your current book to Facebook from the overview (5 times)
Quoth The Maven Highlight a quote and share it to Facebook as a status update (5 times)
All You Can Eat Add 40+ books to your library
Fully Loaded Add a PDF document to your library
Magic Kobo eReader Find the Magic eReader Easter Egg
LOLZ/I Can Haz Ebuk? Make a note that includes LOL in it
Just The Highlights Make 20 highlights
Blinged Out Earn 50 awards
Fangtasia Related to the "Sookie Stackhouse" series, I think...I don't know what I did to get this one

There's also Lost In Austen (read Pride and Prejudice and Sense and Sensibility) and Classic Attack (Read all 5 classics that were preloaded to your library) that are greyed out, I don't have any progress toward those yet.

How do I complete the lost in Austin award I have 60% but can't figure out how to get 100%
Old 04-12-2019, 05:51 PM   #492
the reader2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by auriel View Post
^ Sorry, a couple of us (or maybe mostly me...) kinda derailed the thread a bit. I kinda assumed the awards were the same on every device when I started posting in here.

I can start an iOS list, I have these awards (most of which are the same as KT awards):

Welcome To Reading Life Start using Reading Life
BookLover Sign into Kobo on the device (I think?)
Facebook Connect the Kobo app to your Facebook profile
I <3 My Library Add a couple books to your library
Once Upon A Time Start reading a book
Not An Open Book Finish a book
Pressed For Details Do a long press on a book to see the overview
Scout Leader Earn 10 awards
Highly Decorated Earn 20 awards
Deep Thinker Make a note in a book (I think the note requires a minimum number of characters)
Inverted Comma Highlight a passage
Night Rider Read at night
Word Up Look up 10 words using the built in dictionary
Papillon Make 10 shares to Facebook
Total Recall Read a book twice
Free Loader Add 10 free ebooks to your library
Afternoon Rush Hour Read 5 times between 4pm - 6pm
Happy Hour Read 5 times between 6pm - 8pm
Primetime Read 5 times between 8pm - 10pm
Better In Bed Read 5 times between 10pm - 12am
Witching Hour Read 5 times between 12am - 1am
Sleeping In Read 5 times between 9am - 12pm
I Eat Books For Lunch Read 5 times between 12pm - 2pm
Playing Hooky Read 5 times between 2pm - 4pm
Off The Wall Share your current book to Facebook from the overview (5 times)
Quoth The Maven Highlight a quote and share it to Facebook as a status update (5 times)
All You Can Eat Add 40+ books to your library
Fully Loaded Add a PDF document to your library
Magic Kobo eReader Find the Magic eReader Easter Egg
LOLZ/I Can Haz Ebuk? Make a note that includes LOL in it
Just The Highlights Make 20 highlights
Blinged Out Earn 50 awards
Fangtasia Related to the "Sookie Stackhouse" series, I think...I don't know what I did to get this one

There's also Lost In Austen (read Pride and Prejudice and Sense and Sensibility) and Classic Attack (Read all 5 classics that were preloaded to your library) that are greyed out, I don't have any progress toward those yet.
how do I complete the lost in Austin award I have 60%
Old 04-12-2019, 05:54 PM   #493
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
I found this post in an old thread that mentions it.

Edit: Nevermind, it's the same post you found.
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 06:25 PM   #494
the reader2012

how to I get the fully loaded award
Step by step introduction would be nice
Old 04-12-2019, 08:48 PM   #495
zelda.owns.link
Evangelist
zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by the reader2012 View Post
how to I get the fully loaded award
Step by step introduction would be nice
Side-load, what device or app do you use?
zelda.owns.link is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
awards, reading life, touch