Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 12-30-2010, 04:05 PM   #151
mat reader
mat reader began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook 603
Unhappy Note taking - real !

I cannot agree more with previous posts: please add a real note taking feature to the 600 series.

On the Pocket Book website I read that, thanks to the Active Content feature "vous lisez désormais le texte en voyant les notes prises" (litterally, from the French, "you now read the text while seeing your notes". Unfortunately, this is not true, as far as I am aware of. I bought the device and I am really disappointed !

At best, you can add notes and bookmarks to the index of your document. You can create a detailed index, but you cannot annotate your document !

I really hope you can improve this.

mat reader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 10:48 PM   #152
LoneTech
Zealot
LoneTech knows the square root of minus one.LoneTech knows the square root of minus one.LoneTech knows the square root of minus one.LoneTech knows the square root of minus one.LoneTech knows the square root of minus one.LoneTech knows the square root of minus one.LoneTech knows the square root of minus one.LoneTech knows the square root of minus one.LoneTech knows the square root of minus one.LoneTech knows the square root of minus one.LoneTech knows the square root of minus one.

Device: PocketBook Pro 903
With a little experience with my 903, here's my list of wanted features:

#1. Publish the SDK, so we can start improving things - because the current one doesn't work for this model.

#2. Zoom to pen marked region - it's simple, just wait for a stylus stroke and zoom in to the bounding box.

#3. Margin strip - the current zoom is often sufficient to remove left and right margins, but it always leaves the top margin, larger than before. I want to focus on the text, which instead gets pushed off the bottom edge for no reason. The scrolling buttons do not help because the vertical step is much larger than the horizontal.

#4. Note taking. Scribble is currently the closest in there, which is weird as the 15.1 SDK inkdemo demonstrates the note feature including adding and editing images. The 903 instead integrates the screenshots in contents and allows no editing, nearly useless.

#5. Publish the sources for the web browser - you appear to be in violation of the LGPL license it is under currently.

#6. Type-ahead with the buttons. Currently one has to wait for the display when moving through a list with the buttons; it should be possible to just tap for each row.

#7. Make the keyboard work without stylus as well, in case one doesn't want to use it, has only one hand available or loses the stylus. After all, the 902 must have a keyboard that works with buttons.

#8. Make the keyboard more responsive. It does not need to flash each virtual key when one taps many keys in sequence, the text itself is sufficient. Skip that animation when there are later taps in the queue.

#9. Stop popping up a "battery low, please charge" message when it is already charging. Better to make the battery indicator show a hint of current level while charging.

I might come up with more later.

Of course, the old promises such as text based notes for the 302 along with keyboard support must be fulfilled.

Last edited by LoneTech; 12-31-2010 at 10:52 PM.
LoneTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 05:51 AM   #153
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneTech View Post
Of course, the old promises such as text based notes for the 302 along with keyboard support must be fulfilled.
If I remember correctly, those were promised for January 2011. January began some 12 hours 47 minutes ago in Ukraine
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 09:58 PM   #154
ROGERSMITH1
ROGERSMITH1 began at the beginning.

Device: pocketbook 902
one application which nicely supports text, picture and tables with support to large fonts - like isilo or mobipocket reader
ROGERSMITH1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 02:44 AM   #155
atango
Enthusiast
atango began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook 902pro
For PB902, I need,

1. bluetooth keyboard and mouse support,
2. Better handling for RSS feed menu and webbrowser (I cannot edit url nor change the default encodings.)
3. If possible, euc-kr (Korean) support.

There are several things I like to have (system font change, default viewer settings, other dictionary format support etc), but it looks like PB removed those functions on purpose.
atango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 10:13 AM   #156
jshzh
Addict
jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Pocketbook 602 Pro, Kobo Aura HD, LG G Pad III
1) Text-only mode in the browser
2) Support dictionary in the browser (zoom-in already there?)
3) Support of Isilo
jshzh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 01:10 PM   #157
dpayment
Connoisseur
dpayment will become famous soon enoughdpayment will become famous soon enoughdpayment will become famous soon enoughdpayment will become famous soon enoughdpayment will become famous soon enoughdpayment will become famous soon enough

Device: PocketBook Pro 902, EB-1150, PRS505, PRS700, Jetbook, Hanlin V3, Kobo
Wink And one more suggestion:

Quote:
Originally Posted by atango View Post
For PB902, I need,

1. bluetooth keyboard and mouse support,
2. Better handling for RSS feed menu and webbrowser (I cannot edit url nor change the default encodings.)
3. If possible, euc-kr (Korean) support.

There are several things I like to have (system font change, default viewer settings, other dictionary format support etc), but it looks like PB removed those functions on purpose.
I would like to add my support for #1 & #2, and the more languages supported, the better, but I also have another suggestion.

I've searched all the PocketBook threads to see if this has been suggested for the 902, found nothing, so I'd like to suggest some sort of option for the g-sensor to allow for page turns with a flick of the wrist, or something similar. I know that the 902 can be in any one of the four cardinal orientations for button access, but there are occasions when they're still not in the right place. As an example, I'm right-handed, and when I go to bed at night, I like to read in bed. My partner likes to lie with her head on my left shoulder, with my left hand on her hip. I can't reach my 902 with my left hand at all, so I've got it resting on my chest, trying to grip it with my right. Unfortunately, with the slippery surface, this means that occasionally, I hit the "Home" key by accident. Not a big deal, but REALLY frigging annoying when you do it five times in 3 minutes. Another example, I'm a regular blood donor (over 65 so far) and I like to read while I'm waiting for the process to finish. Here in Canada, with all the safety checks and such, it now takes approximately an hour to donate half a litre of blood. With the tube in my arm, or putting pressure on that point when the needle comes out, means I gotta sit there for 10-15 minutes doing nothing, when I could be reading.

I've not yet found anything in the configuration menus that allows for any change to the g-sensor functionality, but I really hope something like this could be implemented. Thanks for listening,
Dan
dpayment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 07:53 AM   #158
quai de Jemmapes
quai de Jemmapes began at the beginning.

Device: pocketbook 903
I must add the another vote for the annotation feature!

however a very simple market analysis will reveal that there is an important niche made of academics but also of other professional who dedicate most of their time to read and additionally travel!

so, if PB manage to satisfy (before others) some basic requirements of this niche they can make a fortune!

1° these persons want a comfortable device for reading A4 file size (this is a good point of 900 series)
2° the same persons want to manually annotate their papers, reports or prospectus, save their annotation and print them! (everybody on this forum seems to agree that there is no trace of such thing on the PB device)
3° these persons are working mostly with doc and pdf files. so the reader should be able to process very quickly these formats. (in its actual state PB903 may need years to open some .pdf file!)
4° eventually, the same persons may want to have and to manage an agenda (not just to look at a plain calendar!) synchronized with their own agenda on their pc and/or their webphone.

commercially speaking, it will be an error to try to satisfy all types of consumers instead of focusing on a particular segment of consumers (irex is already a classical example that is now taught in business schools!) and, in my eyes, it will be an error to ignore professionals who may consider the ereader as an investment capable to ameliorate their productivity. PB should seduce them with the above arguments before they buy an ipad!
quai de Jemmapes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 09:25 PM   #159
JP36
Enthusiast
JP36 began at the beginning.

Device: Ipaq 2200, Pocketbook IQ 701, Sony PRS350
Option to remove/replace the White 'Thank you' message when turning my IQ on. I'd prefer to remove it completely and either see a timer rotating/bar scrolling etc if it needs to hold me up as it 'starts' though I don't see why it would and then have me at the 'android' loading screen afterwards.

An actual dictionary, with definitions of words or multiple choices of languages to other languages. I have English to German and some foreign language to another foreign language could be Icelandic to Czech for all I know but that's it, very limited use.

Option to reverse the sound buttons for page turns, hitting the + upper button to go 'down' a page is counterintuitive.

Ability to install applications based on actual available space not the soft limit we now have, IE I have nearly 1.5gb free on the internal card, 6.5gb free on my removable SD card yet I can't install apps to fill either of them if I wanted.

Access to the android market through the IQ.

Last edited by JP36; 01-09-2011 at 07:43 AM.
JP36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 12:02 PM   #160
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
for the Pocketbook 903/603

for the pocketbook 903
Quote:
Originally Posted by quai de Jemmapes View Post
I must add the another vote for the annotation feature!
yes, yes yes - otherwise you will force us to swithc to the Hanvon

A couple more things:
Web-browser:
- it would be nice if pdf files could be opened in the browser;
- it would be nice if the g-sensor worked in the browser - indeed, you cannot change orientation in the browser at all, just stuck with portrait mode;
- it would be nice if the browser remembered any changes in the settings - for instance, if you change font size in one session, it won't remember this next time you open the web-browser;
- it would be nice if there was any way to zoom the page - there isn't, as far as I can see.

Pocketnews:
Really too basic - you cannot download news, only their titles.

Appearance:
It would be nice if one could really customise the widgets - for isntance I have a german bookstore as a widget - I cannot change it, I cannot remove it, and I cannot understand German

Last edited by paola; 01-09-2011 at 12:35 PM. Reason: more bugs
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 07:46 PM   #161
defiant
defiant began at the beginning.

Device: pocketbook Pro 903
I support the following

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneTech View Post
With a little experience with my 903, here's my list of wanted features:

#1. Publish the SDK, so we can start improving things - because the current one doesn't work for this model.

#2. Zoom to pen marked region - it's simple, just wait for a stylus stroke and zoom in to the bounding box.

#3. Margin strip - the current zoom is often sufficient to remove left and right margins, but it always leaves the top margin, larger than before. I want to focus on the text, which instead gets pushed off the bottom edge for no reason. The scrolling buttons do not help because the vertical step is much larger than the horizontal.

#5. Publish the sources for the web browser - you appear to be in violation of the LGPL license it is under currently.
one other feature I would like to see...
A system console. Not so much for access to the PB, but to SSH'ing to my own server computer and execute any application from there, like mail, netstat, irc or any other console based app that the landscape of linux has.

As for margin strip, please apply it as well to the applications, like chess.

Also a forum request: if possible, please post once and a while a priority list of features that you are working on to implement or have already implemented, but is not yet released in a firmware update.

We ask a lot, so there for....
defiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 05:36 AM   #162
quai de Jemmapes
quai de Jemmapes began at the beginning.

Device: pocketbook 903
another vote for the amelioration of the scribble function. it would be useful to be able to save/classify in files the notes and to export/print them. just write down notes it might be fun for children at beginning but there is of absolutely no professional use!
quai de Jemmapes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 05:24 AM   #163
goodereader
Banned
goodereader got an A in P-Chem.goodereader got an A in P-Chem.goodereader got an A in P-Chem.goodereader got an A in P-Chem.goodereader got an A in P-Chem.goodereader got an A in P-Chem.goodereader got an A in P-Chem.goodereader got an A in P-Chem.goodereader got an A in P-Chem.goodereader got an A in P-Chem.goodereader got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Many, Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Pocketbook, Sony etc.
I would recommend in the e-ink versions 602, 902 to have a dedicated web browser launcher under applications or where the game section is located. Right now to get the web browser loading is a bunch of run arounds, it should be easier.

With the 702 IQ, i would revise the syncing of ebooks in the library, sometimes it takes 5 minutes to sync one book, other times it takes quicker amount of time.
goodereader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 01:11 PM   #164
tomhck
Enthusiast
tomhck began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 902
1. Unlike others, i really like existing note taking system in PB 902. But i'd like to copy notes from pdf as a text, not only as a image.
2. I sometimes need czech software keyboard… Is there any way, how can i create it myself?
3. Name bookmarks when i create them.
tomhck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 07:39 AM   #165
Markkk01
Markkk01 began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 602
I would like to add my support for Bluetooth for Keyboard and Mouse. Really would be handy for my PB 602 !
Markkk01 is offline   Reply With Quote