Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 11-28-2013, 11:08 AM   #1
mXb
Addict
mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ex-Kobo Touch-Nook Simple Touch-Kobo Mini-Retina Mini
Safari opening to website automatically ?

On your pc browser you can set it up so that on opening it up it will automatically connect to a website such as your Internet provider.

Can Safari be set up so it will do this ?

I've managed to add this website to my favourites but it means tapping on it everytime I open up Safari.

Not much of an ordeal I grant you but one of those little niggles !

( ios 7 )
mXb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 07:47 PM   #2
MeSue
Geek in the Forest
MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air, iPhone 4s, Nexus 7
If you just leave that tab open it will stay open every time you launch Safari.
MeSue is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-30-2013, 07:36 AM   #3
mXb
Addict
mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeSue View Post
If you just leave that tab open it will stay open every time you launch Safari.
Thanks for that.

Another way to go is the reverse.

Instead of opening Safari direct, create a bookmark for the website and "Add to Home Screen".

So just tapping on the bookmark icon on the Home Screen opens Safari and connects to the website.

I have to thank someone on another forum for that.

...thinking about this idea you could create a few of these bookmark icons on the home screen for different websites ?

Last edited by mXb; 11-30-2013 at 07:39 AM.
Old 12-02-2013, 09:10 AM   #4
FlorenceArt
High Priestess
FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro 9.7, iPhone 6 Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by mXb View Post
...thinking about this idea you could create a few of these bookmark icons on the home screen for different websites ?
Yes, that's the idea, you can create as many as you want (I suppose).
FlorenceArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 11:34 AM   #5
mXb
Addict

...and it works well.

It's a pain however trying to remember how to do something on the Safari browser that seems so easy on a pc browser ?

That's the price you pay I guess for moving back and forth between pc and Apple.
Advert
Old 12-04-2013, 12:08 PM   #6
FlorenceArt
High Priestess
FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro 9.7, iPhone 6 Plus
You could also try other browsers in iOS. I use iCab, it's not perfect but it does have a lot of functionalities. I think it allows you to define your home page. I could check if you're interested.
FlorenceArt is offline   Reply With Quote