Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 10-29-2017, 02:54 PM   #16
Notjohn
mostly an observer
Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by ekbell View Post
I see the problem! The OP wrote 'with' when they meant 'without'!
I stand corrected. He meant to say without. (No Theys in this room!)
Notjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2018, 03:18 PM   #17
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Notjohn View Post
Do we have any notion of how he is able to interrupt the flow of the book? Is it done through keywords like Notes, Sources, Bibliography, Epilogue, so that if we avoid those triggers the book will continue without breaking for a word from the sponsor?

Thanks for any illumination!
(spelling of without corrected as per post #16.)

I don't know what authors/publishers can do, but there is some things readers can do.

Among the things put in the .sdr subdirectory for books are:
Code:
StartActions.data.{ASIN}.asc
AuthorProfile.profile.{ASIN}.asc
EndActions.data.{ASIN}.asc
These do not show up for books copied over USB if the kindle is kept in airplane mode. For books copied wirelessly, they can be deleted, and won't come back unless airplane mode is turned off.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-30-2018, 04:36 PM   #18
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sage, Scribe, Boox Note 2 Plus, iPad Pros and Samsungs S6,S7,S8
I am lost. I do not see any adds. When my kindle book is done it takes me to where I can rate it and then there is a page usually " more by this author...." Then a page to sign up for notifications from the publisher
HLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2018, 04:46 PM   #19
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcladyz View Post
I am lost. I do not see any adds. When my kindle book is done it takes me to where I can rate it and then there is a page usually " more by this author...." Then a page to sign up for notifications from the publisher
You're not lost, that's what 99% of readers see. :-)

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 01:08 PM   #20
Notjohn
mostly an observer
Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
You're not lost, that's what 99% of readers see. :-)
So the World's Richest Man has singled me out for particular punishment? Is that because I gripe about him so often on the KDP Community board?
Advert
Old 01-03-2019, 01:21 PM   #21
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
So the World's Richest Man has singled me out for particular punishment? Is that because I gripe about him so often on the KDP Community board?
What device are you reading on, NJ?

Hitch
Old 01-07-2019, 10:59 AM   #22
Notjohn
mostly an observer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
What device are you reading on, NJ?
Fire 7 inch.

The most irritating irritation is that often enough I get the adverts BEFORE I can read the back matter. I often browse the endnotes after I finish the book, rather than as I go along, so as not to have to dwell on mere citations.
Old 01-07-2019, 09:40 PM   #23
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave

Quote:
Fire 7 inch.

The most irritating irritation is that often enough I get the adverts BEFORE I can read the back matter. I often browse the endnotes after I finish the book, rather than as I go along, so as not to have to dwell on mere citations.
Yeah, the original Fire and the Fire 7 both seem to have that, but my Fire 10 doesn't. Weird, eh?

Hitch