Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 04-29-2016, 09:41 AM   #1
Cajun
Love to Read
Cajun ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cajun ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cajun ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cajun ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cajun ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cajun ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cajun ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cajun ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cajun ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cajun ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cajun ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
After Calibre Update Not Recognizing Storage Card

After updating Calibre to 2.56 the software does not recognize the storage card in my Kobo Aura HD. It did previously. I have verified the card is fine. I can drag and drop to the card from Calibre and the card has plenty of Free Space.

Any suggestions?
Cajun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 10:36 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
What OS are you on?

And postt he debug log you get by running calibre in debug mode (Click Preferences->Restart calibre inde bug mode) and plugging in your device.

Last edited by kovidgoyal; 04-29-2016 at 10:51 AM.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-30-2016, 08:15 AM   #3
Cajun
Love to Read
Cajun ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cajun ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cajun ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cajun ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cajun ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cajun ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cajun ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cajun ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cajun ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cajun ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cajun ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Windows 7 Pro 64

A folder is generated for the debug, but the folder is empty and does not contain a text file.

Such as: tmpw9zrcl.txt

Keeping the device plugged in and connected and then restarting Calibre it recognizes the storage card. However, it doesn't recognize the storage card if the device is plugged in after Calibre is opened.
Old 04-30-2016, 12:22 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

There weren't any changes to device drivers on windows in this release, only OS X.

The debug file will be opened automatically after you quit calibre, is that not happening for you?
Old 04-30-2016, 01:36 PM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajun View Post
Keeping the device plugged in and connected and then restarting Calibre it recognizes the storage card. However, it doesn't recognize the storage card if the device is plugged in after Calibre is opened.
Fromt hat it is likely that the storage card is taking too long to settle and become available to the system, calibre waits a few seconds after detecting a device, if the card has not initialized in that time it wont be detected. The workaround, as you discovered, is to plugin in the device before starting calibre.
Advert
Old 04-30-2016, 10:45 PM   #6
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
I have just done a test with my Glo and my Aura H2O. Calibre is showing the SD card for both of them.

Kovid's suggestion that the card hasn't settled down, is probably right. Do you have Windows set to open the drive when connected? If so, is there noticeable time between the main memory and the card opening? You should also check the file system on the card. Any problems might cause the delay.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 09:49 AM   #7
Cajun
Love to Read

My card also showed every time. I haven't changed anything with the exception of installing the calibre update. It has worked flawless for years. The storage card has 98-99% Free space. I ususally keep 100 books on the Kobo and swap them out periodically as I read them or need something for work.

Not sure what you mean by setting Windows to open the drive when connected. I believe auto play runs, but is a default setting that I have not modified.

Any help would be appreciated.
Old 05-01-2016, 10:09 AM   #8
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajun View Post
My card also showed every time. I haven't changed anything with the exception of installing the calibre update. It has worked flawless for years. The storage card has 98-99% Free space. I ususally keep 100 books on the Kobo and swap them out periodically as I read them or need something for work.

Not sure what you mean by setting Windows to open the drive when connected. I believe auto play runs, but is a default setting that I have not modified.
For me autorun opens two Explorer windows; one for the main memory and one for the card. The main memory window opens first and the card window almost immediately after. If Kovid's theory is correct, I would expect a longer delay between the two. Any sort of issue with the card could cause the extra delay.

Other than that, I can't think of anything causing this.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 01:48 PM   #9
Cajun
Love to Read

Thanks...yes that is how mine works. No clue why this started happening.
Old 05-08-2016, 04:05 PM   #10
MarjaE
Guru
MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: multiple
I have a similar problem with the sd card for my Story Hd. I end up manually transferring files, since I'd have to manually organize them anyway.
MarjaE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 03:05 AM   #11
tponzo
Addict
tponzo doesn't littertponzo doesn't littertponzo doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS 900(gave it to my sister); Sony PRS-T1; onyx book note air
I also have this problem with my Pocketbook Touch Lux 3. Calibre tells me that there is no storage card. I tried plugging in device before starting calibre as suggested above. It didn't work.
tponzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 08:18 AM   #12
Cajun
Love to Read

Calibre now recognizes my Card A and has a Card B which is not active (this is new - I don't have two card slots inmy reader). It works fine now, just like it did before.