Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Development

Notices

Old 06-16-2014, 03:47 PM   #1
Sladd
Sladd began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Loading Plugin in development

Hello !

The question might have been asked a thousand times already, but I can't find the answer to this simple question :

I have a Plugin I'm trying to develop for Calibre, the point is easy, but I need to do some try&errors, and I need to reload the plugin often.

But it's a bit long, actually, I start Calibre, uninstall the actual version, install the new, and relaunch Calibre in order to have the button in the Toolbar.

Is there a better way ?

When I try to change the Plugin.zip in %appdata%/calibre/plugins, the button disapear from the toolbar.

Thanks you for reading me !
Sladd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 09:05 PM   #2
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Does http://manual.calibre-ebook.com/crea...ugging-plugins help ?
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-16-2014, 10:56 PM   #3
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
I use a command file to package the plugin and start calibre.

Code:
del "KoboUtilities.zip"
"c:\Program Files\7-Zip\7z.exe" a "KoboUtilities.zip" __init__.py about.txt action.py book.py common_utils.py container.py dialogs.py jobs.py config.py "KoboUtilities_Help.html" plugin-import-name-KoboUtilities.txt run.cmd images/* translations/*.po translations/*.mo
mode 165,999
calibre-debug -s
calibre-customize -a "KoboUtilities.zip"
SET CALIBRE_DEVELOP_FROM=D:\Development\GitHub\calibre\src
calibre-debug  -g
That:
  • Removes and rebuilds the zip file
  • Stops the current calibre session
  • Sets the command window size to maximum for my screen
  • Adds the plugin to calibre
  • Sets an environment variable to point to the calibre source
  • Starts calibre in debug mode

Setting the environment variable is only needed if you want to run calibre from source. For a plugin, you don't usually need to.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 04:50 AM   #4
Sladd

Hello !

Both of your method install the plugin, but I don't see the icon in the toolbar, the plugin is just installed, not placed in the toolbar.

No way to go around this ?
Old 06-17-2014, 09:08 AM   #5
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
You will need to add it to the appropriate toolbar using the preferences. The installation can prompt the user to do this.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-17-2014, 11:15 AM   #6
Sladd

When I install the plugin byt the preference, yeah, I'm prompted.

But I need to do this manually, every time, it's quite time consuming for a fast workflow, no ?
Old 06-17-2014, 06:57 PM   #7
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sladd View Post
When I install the plugin byt the preference, yeah, I'm prompted.

But I need to do this manually, every time, it's quite time consuming for a fast workflow, no ?
Once the plugin icon is on your chosen toolbar you shouldn't need to add it each time you update the plugin zip file - at least I don't.

If the icon is no longer visible after a calibre restart it's probably because there is an error in the updated plugin and it has failed to load correctly during the restart. Restarting calibre in debug mode (calibre-debug -g) would show these errors in the debug log.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote