Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 01-13-2019, 06:37 PM   #1
shoelesshunter
copyleft librarian
shoelesshunter began at the beginning.

Device: KV
kobo not recognized

Hi, My Kobo Glo HD charges just fine over usb as do my other usb devices. However as of today, my kobo fails to be detected my Calibre. any suggestions?
shoelesshunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 06:59 PM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Calibre not seeing the ereader doesn't tell us much. It relies on the OS to mount the device. If it doesn't, then calibre won't work with it. So, with the details given, the only advice we can give is to restart both the device and computer and try a different cable or port. To go further, we need information such as what OS and what firmware. Are there any errors displayed? Can you see the device using the OS? Can you make changes on the device?
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 08:05 PM   #3
Readirect
Zealot
Readirect can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Readirect can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Readirect can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Readirect can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Readirect can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Readirect can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Readirect can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Readirect can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Readirect can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Readirect can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Readirect can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: KPW1
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoelesshunter View Post
Hi, My Kobo Glo HD charges just fine over usb as do my other usb devices. However as of today, my kobo fails to be detected my Calibre. any suggestions?
Presumably it's also not being seen by your PC but that would be the first thing to check.

Next would be to do a factory reset of the Glo. That actually worked with a Nook GL3 that I had.

It didn't work with a Kindle Voyage, though, which I ultimately discovered had a defective USB. Of course it was 1 week out of warranty when it occurred & Amazon wouldn't fix it.
Readirect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 04:56 PM   #4
RobertJSawyer
Guru
RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Clara 2E, and Clara HD; Kindle PaperWhite
Try a short micro USB cable directly connected to your computer, instead of one connected to a hub. My Kobo Clara HD has failed to be recognized (by my computer and therefore by Calibre) when using a long USB cable connecting to a Dell monitor and one of the USB ports on that monitor.
RobertJSawyer is offline   Reply With Quote