Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > ePub Books

Notices

Old 11-29-2014, 09:16 PM   #1
Psymon
Chief Bohemian Misfit
Psymon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psymon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psymon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psymon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psymon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psymon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psymon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psymon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psymon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psymon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psymon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, ADE
Koster, Ron: A Letter To My Imaginary Friend. v1.1 November 29, 2014

Hey everyone,

Here's my first book -- that is, the newly-revised version of my first book, which I first published as an ebook last year. Much to my dismay, it didn't turn out to be the world-wide bestseller that I hoped it would (ha ha), but rather it actually has had hardly any sales at all -- I suppose that part of that (if not most of that) is due to the fact that it's also available for reading as a website for free, so why would anyone pay for it?

I just checked my sales stats, and so far I've made a whopping $12.85 in earnings during the entire time that it's been up -- and if that's all I'm going to make from this (practically nothing), then to heck with it, I think I might as well just give it away. :/

And so here it is! As I said, this was initially the very first ebook I ever made, and virtually everything about it is "me" -- the content is my own original text (written over 20 years ago now, to a long-lost sweetheart), I did all the coding (with much help from these forums on the trickier bits), and all the graphics, etc. The only aspect which isn't mine were the paintings that I included which were done by my beloved friend Lucie LeBel, who passed away in 2012, and to whom I've dedicated this book, in her memory. I've learned a great deal since I first published it last year, however, and so in recent weeks I thought I'd completely revise all the coding, etc. -- and so while any comments on the content are naturally much appreciated, it would certainly be of great(er) interest to me if anyone has any observations on the design aspects of it (especially if perchance I've done anything wrong, or that needs to be done differently in order to be compatible with certain devices, or whatever else). I do have another previously-published book that I need to go over again, too, plus I have several new books-in-progress on the go, so anything that might possibly need correcting in this book could potentially affect those other books as well, of course.

In any event, I do hope you all enjoy it -- even if the mushy "love letter" content isn't quite up your alley, perhaps the facsimile "early print" version (in the second half of the book, i.e. the "appendix") might be, or perhaps just my efforts at making an ebook that looks nice(r), if nothing else.

(PS. Just as an aside, I suspect that my CIP data probably needs to be updated now, too, but I'll have to call Library & Archives Canada after the weekend to ask about that.)
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Attached Files
File Type: epub A Letter To My Imaginary Friend - Ron Koster.epub (13.44 MB, 326 views)

Last edited by Psymon; 11-29-2014 at 10:06 PM.
Psymon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 10:09 PM   #2
Psymon
Chief Bohemian Misfit
Psymon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psymon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psymon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psymon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psymon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psymon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psymon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psymon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psymon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psymon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psymon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, ADE
Ha! Silly me, after all my painstaking efforts to make sure that I'd made all the corrections/changes I'd wanted to, I just realized that I'd forgotten to change the viewbox/image dimensions for my full-page SVG images from 600x900 to 1200x1800. I just fixed that up, though, and re-loaded my book (in my original post). Pardon the oversight, but at the same time I don't think it was too drastic an error, and shouldn't have affected how things looked all that much in any really noticeable way in the first version.
Psymon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert