Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 07-13-2011, 04:11 AM   #136
Chubba
Chubba began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2 US Version
Kindle 2 US

Hi from South Africa

Just purchased a Kindle 2, only to find that the seller was not entirely honest with me, as it is a US version and I cannot register it or activate WiFi.
Luckily I found this thread.

What my question is, once I complete the jailbreak and registration, will it allow me to activate WiFi to download books via the kindle?

This is a gift for my elderly mom, so want to give her a unit that works fully.

Thanks
Chubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 11:50 AM   #137
com_easy
com_easy began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle3 dx
thank you very much for this solution. i can't wait to try it out tomorrow, when computer is available.
com_easy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-18-2011, 10:56 AM   #138
jojojojo
jojojojo began at the beginning.

Device: kindle DX White 3G (US)
Maybe I am easly confused but after 138 post on the same subject maybe not.... So I will ask the question.... What was it for the Kndle DX White (3G US) again because I just lost track completly... Would anyone be kind and just summarize it for me again so I can get my old man a nice kindle DX White to read his books from the hospital bed. Thx very much and sorry for the assle. The device was update to 2.5.8 I think but still cannot register because of that 3G US only thing... Thx again...
jojojojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 06:16 AM   #139
bitssiela
bitssiela began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Keyboard
THANKKKSSSSS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Alex View Post
This hack upgraded to support 3.2 firmware (and 3.2.1 if it jailbroken)
New, permanent link for this and future versions are:
http://www.siralex.info/wp-content/p...nload.php?id=6
Thank you for this. I'm so happy! I've been searching everywhere... ))
I used update_reginfo_0.07_k3g_install

I have Kindle3 FW 3.3 and it worked!!
bitssiela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 03:49 AM   #140
temetrepo
temetrepo began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX
Hi all. To see is someone can help me: (

I have a kindle DX U.S. (serial B004) for two years and until now I knew I had to upgrade, only knew what the record but as I use it to read I was worth.

Now I want to update it and do I put version 2.3, the problem was trying to put the 2.5.8 I U007 constantly fails, I have installed any hacks, just put the 0.35 and UNINSTALL usbNetwork to try to register it.

There any mirror where I can download the firmware 2.3.3 or 2.3.4 to see if I can upgrade by installing these 2.5.

Thank you very much.

PS excuse my English because it is not my native language.
temetrepo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-05-2012, 05:30 PM   #141
lorenzoens
ex se ens
lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage edge & Pocket, Sony T1, Galaxy Note I, ex many others
Here DXG bought from USA to Italy, valid warranty checked with Cu Support, and working Whispernet.

Question: why someone outside US has invalid warranty and not working Whispernet?

My account has been first registered some years ago on US amazon.com, I used it to register the DXG last week. Device was bought by a friend, maybe thru a woot off, then brought in Italy by his brother.

Last edited by lorenzoens; 02-05-2012 at 05:34 PM.
lorenzoens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 10:16 AM   #142
MVG-V70
MVG-V70 began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle 4 NT
Kindle 4 offline registration

are there such simple way to offline registration of Kindle 4?
MVG-V70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 07:02 PM   #143
Khepera93
Khepera93 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Keyboard
Not that I think anyone's still watching this thread, but... I followed the instructions to "register" my Kindle Keyboard (K3) so I could use the "collections" feature.

However, every time I connect to the WiFi (Not using 3G) - the browser works just fine, but it resets the reginfo information that I changed; reverts it to a "non-registered" state.

Is there any way to bypass this check so I can continue to use the browser over my home wi-fi, and keep the registration info intact so I can continue to use collections?

TIA.
Khepera93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 01:34 PM   #144
al3bsi
al3bsi began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
i tired to remove jailbreak form my DX us ver.

I test same jailbreak but not work

firmware : 2.5.2 + ufh 0.3 + ss 0.4

model : kindle dx us B004

how can do it ???
al3bsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 03:45 PM   #145
megamancito
megamancito began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX (Graphite)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Alex View Post
This hack upgraded to support 3.2 firmware (and 3.2.1 if it jailbroken)
New, permanent link for this and future versions are:
http://www.siralex.info/wp-content/p...nload.php?id=6
Thank you!! Seems to be the only link that works!
megamancito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 01:26 PM   #146
Rockets00
Connoisseur
Rockets00 got an A in P-Chem.Rockets00 got an A in P-Chem.Rockets00 got an A in P-Chem.Rockets00 got an A in P-Chem.Rockets00 got an A in P-Chem.Rockets00 got an A in P-Chem.Rockets00 got an A in P-Chem.Rockets00 got an A in P-Chem.Rockets00 got an A in P-Chem.Rockets00 got an A in P-Chem.Rockets00 got an A in P-Chem.

Device: kindle 2
I attach fake registration for kindle 2 devices with the firmware 2.5.8. If you need readme file, search for update_reginfo_0.08.zip
Attached Files
File Type: zip update_reginfo_0.08_kindle2.zip (7.2 KB, 523 views)
Rockets00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 08:22 PM   #147
DeKuns
Connoisseur
DeKuns puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.DeKuns puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.DeKuns puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.DeKuns puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.DeKuns puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.DeKuns puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.DeKuns puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.DeKuns puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.DeKuns puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.DeKuns puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.DeKuns puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.

Device: Kindle DX Graphite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockets00 View Post
I attach fake registration for kindle 2 devices with the firmware 2.5.8. If you need readme file, search for update_reginfo_0.08.zip
Do you have reginfo for Kindle DXG? I try to find it in the internet but all links were down. Thanks
DeKuns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 12:47 PM   #148
4cls
4cls began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX B005
Kindle DX B005 Thinks it's 1970

Read all the thread guys, sorry to kick this old topic but not sure where else to go.

Looks like we have one more year of 3G and I would like to make use of it. Replaced my Kindle battery recently and now it thinks it's 1970. I think it's still registered, I just need to set the time.

Lots of the file links on the original post are no longer active.

What's the easiest way to set the time, which I think will allow the Kindle to phone home?

I'm on 2.5.8.
White DX Gen2 w.ATT (is that international?)
4cls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 01:14 PM   #149
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4cls View Post
What's the easiest way to set the time, which I think will allow the Kindle to phone home?

I'm on 2.5.8.
White DX Gen2 w.ATT (is that international?)
Enable wireless and leave it connected to a charger. It can take days or weeks, but it will eventually set its time from a cell tower if it can get a connection.

Alternatively, you can jailbreak it, install USB networking, and set the time with linux commands.

You are correct that it won't connect to amazon if it thinks it is 1970.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2021, 07:46 AM   #150
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
It takes a little more than a day. Keep 3G on and wake it periodically.
I was able to jail break to set sleep-screen and change system font, but I couldn't get USB networking to work. I reverted the fonts because I only use the DXG for testing compatibility of new ebooks.

It will access Shop front with the wrong date. The correct date is needed for Sync.
Even with date fixed many Https sites won't work due to lack of certs.

You are better using Download to PC, remove DRM using the serial number so as to have a backup, and copy via USB. You don't need sync / Cloud for collections for this model.

Last edited by Quoth; 05-18-2021 at 07:49 AM.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kindle 2, kindle dx