Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 04-20-2010, 10:33 AM   #1
pedgarcia
Connoisseur
pedgarcia has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pedgarcia has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pedgarcia has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: PRS-505
Calibre + Gladinet + Skydrive

Hi,

I know about the solution with Dropbox, but I'm trying to get Calibre working with Gladinet and Skydrive.

Basically, Gladinet creates a drive letter in your system, but instead of synchronizing files, it acts as a actual drive, saving the file direct to the destination.

In principle, it seemed straightforward. I've just set the Z:\Windows Live SkyDrive\calibre as Location for ebooks.

The problem is the way Gladinet does its stuff. When you copy/add a file to that directory, it starts uploading the file (FTP-style) which can take a while.

As far I could see, Calibre timeouts for open/modifying files are ok for local files, but not for remote files with that behavior. Because of that, if I try, for example, I've got an error like that:

ERROR: ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>WindowsError</b>:[Error 145] The directory is not empty: u'Z:\\Windows Live SkyDrive\\calibre\\Chris\\Book.pdf'

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\dialogs\metadata_single.py", line 641, in accept
File "site-packages\calibre\library\database2.py", line 758, in set_title
File "site-packages\calibre\library\database2.py", line 322, in set_path
File "site-packages\calibre\library\database2.py", line 270, in rmtree
File "site-packages\calibre\library\database2.py", line 49, in delete_tree
File "shutil.py", line 225, in rmtree
File "shutil.py", line 223, in rmtree
WindowsError: [Error 145] The directory is not empty: u'Z:\\Windows Live SkyDrive\\calibre\\Chris\\Book.PDF'

In that case, I've tried to edit a PDF metadata.

Is there a way to tell Calibre to copy the file to a temp folder before changing it and then send it back to the final destination afterwards? Or another way to live with that scenario?

Thanks!
pedgarcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 07:36 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
I'm afraid not. There are too many places in the code that assume the filesystem being written to is a local one, for things like timeouts and file locking.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-21-2010, 03:04 PM   #3
pedgarcia
Connoisseur
pedgarcia has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pedgarcia has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pedgarcia has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: PRS-505
I could imagine that. Thanks anyway.

I'll go to Dropbox solution, instead.

Regards
pedgarcia is offline   Reply With Quote