Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 07-30-2017, 05:06 PM   #16
rickyzhang
Enthusiast
rickyzhang herds cats with both ease and gracerickyzhang herds cats with both ease and gracerickyzhang herds cats with both ease and gracerickyzhang herds cats with both ease and gracerickyzhang herds cats with both ease and gracerickyzhang herds cats with both ease and gracerickyzhang herds cats with both ease and gracerickyzhang herds cats with both ease and gracerickyzhang herds cats with both ease and gracerickyzhang herds cats with both ease and gracerickyzhang herds cats with both ease and grace

Device: BOOX max carta, kindle DXG, Kindle Keyboard, Kindle pw and nooks
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdp View Post
The project seems to show capable of a pretty stable implementation
Well, this is a great PoC. E-ink screen should be the best under direct day light.
rickyzhang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 05:35 PM   #17
mdp
Wizard
mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickyzhang View Post
Well, this is a great PoC. E-ink screen should be the best under direct day light.
Confirmed. I have been using that regularly for many weeks, it works quite well. The problem is calibrating the map data visualization for the hi-res screen. I use OpenTopoMaps maps at 200% enlargement and still I would squint at some zoom levels. I created a stand to keep the tablet at optimal possible distance, as you see in the photo (real action, shot while travelling) - but it would be nice to optimize the maps using bigger fonts.

Mind you: this is because I am into the pre-rendered OpenTopoMaps - especially because it shows the relief quite well, then because of remarkable clarity and balance - and I never found the time to customize it. But, if you used vector maps, rendered in real time by the device, you could adjust the size of the toponyms in the configuration (and you should also be able to add relief rendering on the spot).

To be perfectly honest, I never missed colour on EPD screens, but this is the only application I found that makes you miss it (a bit). Probably because you would want to "get" the screen contents at quick glance.

Last edited by mdp; 07-31-2017 at 05:42 PM.
mdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
bertl, gps, t68