Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 11-09-2013, 11:28 AM   #1
SJM2
SJM2 began at the beginning.

Device: IPhone 4S ipad mini
Consolidate

I have an iPhone 4S and just got an ipad mini. I have the Kindle app on both and on my PC. Only Amazon books show up on all devices. I have a bunch of books in iphone I would like to put on mini. They are non-Amazon books and the email option I have read about is not available in Kindle. I can email other PDFs to Kindle app. How do I get the books (listed as personal documents) off?
My ultimate goal is to get ebooks from Stanza and Kindle from our family's various devices (Apple and PC, ePub, PDF, and mobi) and store them in one format in one place that we could all access.
How do I do that and what program and format do you recommend? We would like the mini to be our primary reader.
I can't jailbreak our phones. Thanks.
SJM2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 01:29 PM   #2
kyrilson
Fanatic
kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage, Oasis, Kobo Glo HD,iPad Pro, Sony 350 and T2
Calibre is your friend. Use that to pull everything off your devices, covert to mobi if necessary and upload the mobi files either via mail to your kindle account, or to a cloud service like Dropbox or Google Drive. I use Marvin, most of the time, so I have my ePub files on my Google Drive and pull them down whenever I want to read them.
kyrilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-09-2013, 02:48 PM   #3
SJM2
SJM2 began at the beginning.

Device: IPhone 4S ipad mini
i downloaded Calibre because everyone recommends it, but I can't get my books off of my phone. Where are they and how do I move them?
SJM2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 03:03 PM   #4
kyrilson
Fanatic
kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage, Oasis, Kobo Glo HD,iPad Pro, Sony 350 and T2
Are the books on your Kindle app? If so, your best bet is to install Kindle for PC, and pull them down to your computer, and then load into calibre for conversion. If they are in Stanza, it seems like they should show up in calibre if you plug it into your PC and open calibre. I'm not completely sure on that one, though.
kyrilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 03:05 PM   #5
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJM2 View Post
i downloaded Calibre because everyone recommends it, but I can't get my books off of my phone. Where are they and how do I move them?
You can email them directly to yourself and then open them in the new app you install on on your iPad. You can also use iTunes to move them. eBooks are app specific so you will need to know what app the eBooks are currently hooked to but you can use a different app as the destination on the iPad if you wish. If they are backed up in iCloud you should be able to move them that way as well although I haven't personally tried that method. Which apps are you using on the iPhone?

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-09-2013, 10:24 PM   #6
kyteflyer
Wizard
kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone SE2020
Theres a java app called stanzabookrestore.jar. I'm not allowed to link to it because I don't own it (nor does anyone else anymore but thems the breaks). It will look in your iTunes and find your stanza books: this is useful if you deleted stanza and had not yet backed up your device.

Anotehr alternative is to find one of those applications which can search your device, and allow you to look inside various app directories and grab whats there.

A third, and more logical alternative which requires no additional applications, is to use iTunes with your device connected. go to the apps page for your device, scroll down and find stanza then select all the books in there, and choose to "save to..".
kyteflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 03:01 AM   #7
Faterson
pokrývač škridiel
Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 3*iPad, SamsungNote & Tabs, 2*OnyxBoox, Huawei 8″, PocketBook
You can also use cloud software like Dropbox to make all books accessible on all of your devices at any time, without having to actually copy them to every device.
Faterson is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ipad mini, iphone, kindle, non-amazon books, transfer