Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 05-20-2012, 02:33 PM   #61
CJY
Zealot
CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Onyx Boox M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booxtor View Post
Hi,

I just inspected the picture of your device you sent to our shop. I could see just a blank screen and it does not look like a broken screen at all. I would say it is rather electronic faulty. In this case it would be covered by warranty.
Sorry about the image. I only found this thread after I sent it and I simply didn't realise that you were looking for physical damage.
I shall ship it out tomorrow. Thanks for replying.

Cheers!
CJ
CJY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 03:52 AM   #62
Sincopa
Sincopa began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx boox M92
Question But..This is a joke??

But... I don't Know I can see that the Onys reader have a big problem!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booxtor View Post
Hi,

here is the whole answer from ereader-store to the customer with brocken screen problem:

" Hi,

I am really sorry, but we are not able to investigate, what could cause the damage. We just can test, if it is an electronic fault or broken screen.

If the glass of the screen is broken it is obviously a kind of a sign of mistreatment. Fault in material is excluded, since the ereader has worked a quite long time (two months).

The warranty is given by manufacturer (not by seller) and the manufacturer will not accept (and also not believe) any excuses.

I am working quite long (three years now) with eInk devices and had to deal with many broken screens. In 90% of all cases customers claimed they didn't drop, hit or use any force on it. But I never heard, that a manufacturer treated a broken screen as warranty case.

You may not accept it, but there is no chance the manufacturer will take over the costs in case like yours.

Sorry again... "

It seem to be hard to accept, but we are not going to take over the costs for replacement of broken screens (caused during using by customer). We are doing good service, I think, but for some damages on our products we can not be made responsible. From many hundred sold devices we had to deal with 3 cases of broken screen only. Two first cases were caused by mistreatment of packages in postal services and we have replaced the devices immediately (even we could not make postal services responsible for that and had to take over complete costs). The last case was caused by customer. You must understand, glass is fragile and need to be handled quite carefully. Just imagine we would accept broken screens as warranty case, then we could stop our business right now.

In the case above the device has not been necessarily hit or dropped. Even if the cover was closed it is enough to press in the middle of the screen to cause splits in the screen fixation area. It could be anything - a dog/cat/baby jumped on the device, apple in the bag pressing against device etc. The customer may even not have noticed the source of the damage.

But it is still not excusable and not the reason make us responsible for it.
If the customer want, I can send the device to Onyx lab for further investigation.
I am pretty sure , they will have the same conclusion.
Sincopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-29-2016, 10:50 AM   #63
Ozmopolite
Ozmopolite began at the beginning.

Device: M92
Hi all,

I've read the thread and it seems that my case might be a bit different as the screen of my boox m92 seems not to be broken physically, but yet does not work. There seems to be an electrical problem. There are some gray pixels randomly in the screen when I try to turn it on or off or reset - or push buttons. I can access the files through my computer.

I opened the boox and did not see any visible damage. Only thing was that the screen ribbon (I believe) was squeezed by a yellow tape so that it seemed to make a too tight curve. Maybe that is the problem? I can send you some photos, if that helps. Anyone similar problems?

I have used the m92 for more than two years now. And it broke down when I was using it! First when I was outside reading (after which it recovered) and second and permanent time inside when reading. I did no physical damage to it whatsoever.

Does someone know how to fix it?

Thanks!

O.

PS. Uh, I noticed that there is a long time since the last reply!
Ozmopolite is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
m92