Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 02-15-2013, 11:10 PM   #1
MissRosie
MissRosie began at the beginning.

Device: none
MyJSTOR bookshelf and M92

I have an odd question about the M92. Can it be used to read articles on MyJSTOR's bookshelf? Because this is a personal account, not an institutional one, I can't download articles.

I have migraines, so I'd love to be able to read this stuff on a less assaultive screen.
MissRosie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 04:34 AM   #2
ManDay
E-Reader
ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: DPT-S1
Where is that bookshelf you are referring to? Is it an normal internet page?
ManDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-16-2013, 05:54 AM   #3
slex
Addict
slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 NT, Onyx Boox M92
I have read articles from the JSTOR shelf, but I wouldn't describe it as a smooth experience. You have to log in everytime you want to read an article and it is a cumbersome process with M92's browser and JSTOR's interface. Sometimes you also have to refresh the page to have the article's first page showing up on opening the article.

But in principle it is possible and I still prefer this way of reading than from a tablet or a PC.
slex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 02:29 PM   #4
MissRosie
MissRosie began at the beginning.

Device: none
Thank you! It's good to know that it works, if not perfectly smoothly.
MissRosie is offline   Reply With Quote