Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 06-21-2016, 01:29 PM   #31
pipcat
Connoisseur
pipcat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pipcat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pipcat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pipcat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pipcat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pipcat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pipcat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pipcat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pipcat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pipcat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pipcat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo Hd
Ok, thx for info!
The png method is cool and useful to start some programs. But for "autopatch from web" tests I prefer not have a tile for that nor a png-book. Probably I will force the running of my .sh with an udev rule. I put some debug echo on scripts in usr/local/Kobo/udev, and my candidate is 'ac add'. When plug the device to charge, run script to check if there is a zip trigger file.
pipcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 01:33 PM   #32
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
That might be tricky if the user mistakenly switches to USBMS (i.e., via the "plugged in" popup) right away: onboard would get unmounted.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-21-2016, 01:55 PM   #33
pipcat
Connoisseur
pipcat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pipcat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pipcat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pipcat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pipcat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pipcat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pipcat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pipcat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pipcat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pipcat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pipcat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Good advice. But I think udev/ac is only called when I plug the device to charge, but not when I plug to the computer. kobo.rules are:
KERNEL=="usb_host", RUN+="/usr/local/Kobo/udev/plug"
KERNEL=="fsl-usb2-udc", ACTION=="offline", RUN+="/usr/local/Kobo/udev/plug"
KERNEL=="usb_plug", RUN+="/usr/local/Kobo/udev/ac"

When I plug to the usb-charger:
Tue Jun 21 19:10:13 2016 udev/ac move
Tue Jun 21 19:10:13 2016 udev/ac add
Tue Jun 21 19:11:35 2016 udev/ac remove

And When I plug to computer:
Tue Jun 21 19:11:45 2016 udev/plug move
Tue Jun 21 19:11:45 2016 udev/plug add
Tue Jun 21 19:11:59 2016 udev/plug remove
Old 06-21-2016, 03:38 PM   #34
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Huh, good to know .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 07:57 PM   #35
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by pipcat View Post
Good advice. But I think udev/ac is only called when I plug the device to charge, but not when I plug to the computer. kobo.rules are:
KERNEL=="usb_host", RUN+="/usr/local/Kobo/udev/plug"
KERNEL=="fsl-usb2-udc", ACTION=="offline", RUN+="/usr/local/Kobo/udev/plug"
KERNEL=="usb_plug", RUN+="/usr/local/Kobo/udev/ac"

When I plug to the usb-charger:
Tue Jun 21 19:10:13 2016 udev/ac move
Tue Jun 21 19:10:13 2016 udev/ac add
Tue Jun 21 19:11:35 2016 udev/ac remove

And When I plug to computer:
Tue Jun 21 19:11:45 2016 udev/plug move
Tue Jun 21 19:11:45 2016 udev/plug add
Tue Jun 21 19:11:59 2016 udev/plug remove
Are you sure about this? When I plug into any of the chargers I have at home, I get prompted to connect to the PC. I assumed this meant the device couldn't tell the difference between the two.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-21-2016, 08:14 PM   #36
frostschutz
Linux User
frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
When I plug into any of the chargers I have at home, I get prompted to connect to the PC.
I don't get prompted when using my Samsung smartphone charger. This is also what I used for this [deleted vidme link]

Last edited by pdurrant; 07-25-2021 at 08:35 AM.
frostschutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 02:20 AM   #37
pipcat
Connoisseur

With a Glo Hd, if I plug to the phone charger or a to a powercube usb I don't get any prompt (usb_plug). If I plug to the computer I get prompt (usb_host) and even if I respond cancel to only charge, usb_plug is not fired.
Old 06-22-2016, 02:54 AM   #38
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I'm just reported what I am seeing and others have commented on here. Every time I plug any of my Touch, Glo, Aura H2O or Glo HD into a USB charger, I get the prompt. I know this hasn't always been the case. I'm pretty sure it changed with some firmware version, but it has been this way for at least a year.

If you are going to rely on plugged-into-charger to trigger an action, there will be people here whose devices will never see it. And of course there will be people here who never plug into a charger and always use the computer. Personally, I did that for at least the first two years of my Kobo ownership. I didn't have another device,that needed a charger, so there wasn't one plugged in where it was handy for me to use.
Old 06-22-2016, 03:07 AM   #39
pipcat
Connoisseur

I forget to say my firmware is 3.19.5761, and it's the only that I tried. If you also have a this fw and a Glo Hd we should get the same results, otherwise maybe there are some country differences in chargers !? I'm from Catalonia (Europe), and frostschutz reported the same from Germany.
Old 06-22-2016, 03:44 AM   #40
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

At the moment, I'm not running 3.19.5761, I'm running beta firmware on the Glo HD (don't ask). The Touch is still on 3.19.5761 and I saw the behaviour last night. This behaviour hasn't changed in at least the last nine months. It might be local power differences. Australia is 240V, 50Hz. It might be the particular chargers. I'm pretty sure the one I normally use came with my iPad, so it is a 2Amp charger. But, it has definitely happened with other chargers. I'll try and check a couple of others in the house tonight and see if I can find something common to them.
Old 06-22-2016, 05:40 AM   #41
cramoisi
Librarian
cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: kobo gloHD - KA1
Charged my gloHD this night with a AC/USB 1A 5V and wasn’t prompted (didn’t really noticed it until now that i’m reading this thread) - form Belgium 220V 50Hz
cramoisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 10:00 AM   #42
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Well, I've tested three different chargers tonight, and exactly half of them trigger the prompt. My usual charger is an iPad charger and triggers the prompt. The Samsung phone charger my son uses doesn't. The third one was a no-brand charger with two ports. One port triggered the prompt, the other didn't! So, 50% of my three chargers trigger the prompt.
Old 06-22-2016, 02:09 PM   #43
pipcat
Connoisseur

It seems that some chargers starts supplying 500mA and are recognized as computers, and other chargers supply more mA and are detected as chargers.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USB#USB_Battery_Charging
Old 10-06-2016, 04:06 AM   #44
sahbi
Enthusiast
sahbi is on a distinguished road

Device: Sony:psr 650 , KOBO:aura h2O, KOBO:Aura One
Can anybody confirm that it's working on the aura One without any issue? and can I build it from git?
sahbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2016, 12:56 PM   #45
baskerville
Evangelist
baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Aura ONE
Quote:
Originally Posted by sahbi View Post
Can anybody confirm that it's working on the aura One without any issue?
It does, but koreader only has preliminary support for the Aura ONE through unofficial builds.
baskerville is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fmon, kfmon, kobo, launcher