Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil > Plugins

Notices

Old 01-28-2017, 05:36 PM   #61
dynabook
Techno-geek
dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1 (Black), PRS-T3S (Black), Kobo Aura ONE
I am running 10.11.6 (El Capitan). I found the Preferences box hidden behind and got it running after making selections and hitting "Process". Thanks for the help.
--MH

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinH View Post
Please look at the Finders panel bar immediately after launching the plugin and if you see a Rocket blasting off icon, click on it. My guess is the plugin has a Window that opened under Sigil itself or is hidden in some way by Sigil. Clicking on the plugins app icon in the panel bar should bring the window to the front and give it focus.

This is a tk bug with some versions of Tk and MacOSX.

Last edited by dynabook; 01-28-2017 at 05:40 PM.
dynabook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 11:15 PM   #62
Michit1
Michit1 began at the beginning.

Device: Tolino
I have heard the plugin help, I do not understand the plugin. I'm from Germany, my english is not so good.
One has recommended this plugin to my problem, but I do not understand it and it does not help.

Hello, I have an epub where no typographical quotation marks are in (Inch ").
If I want to change it, he also changes the XML Attribute e.g.
<link rel="stylesheet" href="../Styles/main.css" type="text/css"/> with.

How can I change the quotation marks to » and « or typographic correct “…”
Michit1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-22-2017, 02:13 AM   #63
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michit1 View Post
I have heard the plugin help, I do not understand the plugin. I'm from Germany, my english is not so good.
BTW, there's also a German MR forum for book designers where you can post your questions in German.

As for your original question, the plugin uses an algorithm originally designed for English books. It'll convert:

1. "abc" to abc
2. 'xyz' to xyz

I.e, you'd have to run the plugin and then simply globally replace all left double quotation marks with » with and all right double quotation marks with «.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 03:49 AM   #64
Michit1

What must be set? What is the emdash and endash?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.png
Views:	498
Size:	25.1 KB
ID:	156927   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.png
Views:	499
Size:	32.4 KB
ID:	156928  
Old 05-22-2017, 04:11 AM   #65
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
What must be set?
These settings are for advanced users. Just leave them as they are.

Quote:
What is the emdash and endash?
They're technical terms for dashes with the width of n/m characters.

endash = Halbgeviertstrich AKA Gedankenstrich

Emdashes are wider than endashes and, AFAIK, they aren't used in German books.
Advert
Old 05-22-2017, 05:26 AM   #66
Michit1

Wenn du Deutsch schreiben kannst dann schreib auf deutsch ist einfacher und so allgemeins Deutsches forum bringt mir nichts.

Nur wie funktioniert diese Toll überhaupt, unter Plugins verwalten kriege ich das menü nur.
Just how does this great at all, under Plugins manage I get the menu
Old 05-22-2017, 06:03 AM   #67
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Wenn du Deutsch schreiben kannst dann schreib auf deutsch ist einfacher und so allgemeins Deutsches forum bringt mir nichts.
The forum that I linked to, is a forum frequented by the top German speaking MR uploaders (e.g. pynch, frodok and doubleshuffle). It was set up specifically to ask technical questions such as yours.

Quote:
Nur wie funktioniert diese Toll überhaupt, unter Plugins verwalten kriege ich das menü nur.
After you installed the plugin, you'll have to select it via Plugins > Edit > PunctuationSmarten. Then simply select all files that you want to update and click Process.
Old 07-20-2017, 08:14 AM   #68
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
New version 0.3.3 in the the first post.

The only functional change is that smartypants should now entirely ignore html comments. No smartening/mangling of any kind should happen to the content of html comments (even ones that contain html markup).
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 12:05 PM   #69
AlanHK
Guru
AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW-3, iPad, Android phone
using version .3.3

it converts:

<i>Titanic</i>'s lifeboats

to

<i>Titanic</i>‘s lifeboats

And for any possessive after an italic word.
Can this be "exceptioned"?

Obviously I can do S&R
</i>‘ to </i>’

The only case when the first would be correct would be if you have a space before the </i>' and a word following -- eg an italic para and normally italic word, within single quotes. Which would be much more rare than the above, I think.

Last edited by AlanHK; 05-12-2020 at 01:45 AM.
AlanHK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 12:29 PM   #70
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Not easily, no. I've done all the tweaking to the underlying SmartyPants algorithm I'm comfortable doing. I'll pull in some upstream changes that can be easily incorporated (like the latest to ignore all html comments entirely), but SmartyPants was never designed to automatically accommodate every edge-case scenario out there.

I'll take another look, but last time this came up, I'm fairly certain I determined it would require a moderate overhaul, rather than a quick tweak.
Old 09-25-2017, 12:37 PM   #71
AlanHK
Guru
AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

When you have a book full of ship, or spaceship names, it comes up quite a lot. If SmartyPants is still actively developed, maybe you can report it there? Or was that done already, I can't be the first person to notice this.

Last edited by AlanHK; 09-25-2017 at 12:49 PM.
Old 09-25-2017, 12:45 PM   #72
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanHK View Post
When you have a book full of ship, or spaceship names, it comes up quite a lot. If SmartyPants is still actively developed, maybe you can report it there? Or was that done already, I can't be the first person to notice this.
There are different unofficial forks of the Python version being tweaked, but I don't think the original author of the python port is still actively involved in any development. And no ... you're not the first to notice this one (but I've no idea if anyone has reported it to any of the unofficial forks' maintainers).

If I can find an easy way to exempt the situation, I certainly will (when I find some time). I just remember nothing jumped out at me as quick and non-invasive last time I looked.
Old 09-25-2017, 12:50 PM   #73
AlanHK
Guru

There is a exception that fixes this in most real cases:

Just add "s" to apos_exceptions.txt

Now I get

<i>Titanic</i>’s lifeboat

BUT now

The letter 's'
becomes
The letter ’s’

However, I'll leave it in, more likely to have 'S' in text than 's', and italic possessives ("the X's crew, etc.) then either.
Old 11-26-2018, 01:47 PM   #74
MizSuz
Connoisseur
MizSuz began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Touch, Nook Simple Touch, Kobo Aura, Android w/CoolReader
Jeeez. This plugin just saved my life. Ok, that's a bit flowery but it certainly saved me hours and hours.

Thank you.
MizSuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 02:50 PM   #75
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizSuz View Post
Jeeez. This plugin just saved my life. Ok, that's a bit flowery but it certainly saved me hours and hours.

Thank you.
You're quite welcome.