Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 03-23-2019, 10:47 AM   #1
bit101
Connoisseur
bit101 has become one with the cosmosbit101 has become one with the cosmosbit101 has become one with the cosmosbit101 has become one with the cosmosbit101 has become one with the cosmosbit101 has become one with the cosmosbit101 has become one with the cosmosbit101 has become one with the cosmosbit101 has become one with the cosmosbit101 has become one with the cosmosbit101 has become one with the cosmos

Device: Onyx Nova Pro
Stylus for Nova Pro?

I'd like to get a spare stylus for my Onyx Nova Pro. I've read various threads here and in other places and it's all a bit confusing. I'm really surprised that there is no way to just get a replacement stylus from Onyx itself. I know GoodEReader has some, like https://goodereader.com/blog/product...acement-stylus but I'm not sure if that will work with the Nova Pro. Looks like the right one, but I gather that earlier Onyx devices had one type of stylus that is incompatible with later devices. As for other brands, it seems like some Wacom styluses work, some don't, some Bamboos work, some don't. And some Galaxy Note S-Pens work with some of the Onyx devices. I ordered a not-too-expensive S-Pen from Amazon that I can return if it doesn't work. Not an emergency at this point, but I'd like to have a spare on hand.
bit101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 11:32 AM   #2
Question Mark
Wizard
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: More than I need, but not as many as I would like.
They seem to still have some at the ereader.store in Germany. But a note says that they are the last in stock.

https://ereader.store/en/digitizer-s...mimas--26.html

When I originally got my Note from there, I got a replacement stylus at the same time.

You might also try walking into a computer store and see if they will let you try out any wacom styluses they have on hand.
Question Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-24-2019, 12:05 PM   #3
bit101
Connoisseur
bit101 has become one with the cosmosbit101 has become one with the cosmosbit101 has become one with the cosmosbit101 has become one with the cosmosbit101 has become one with the cosmosbit101 has become one with the cosmosbit101 has become one with the cosmosbit101 has become one with the cosmosbit101 has become one with the cosmosbit101 has become one with the cosmosbit101 has become one with the cosmos

Well, I can confirm that a Galaxy Note 8 S-Pen works just fine on the Nova Pro. So anything that is compatible with that should work as well. And in the meantime, I have an emergency backup if my stylus ever goes missing.

The button on the side puts it into eraser mode just like the official stylus. The Note 8 S-Pen is way smaller than I expected though. Thin and flat and short. Uncomfortable, but again, ok for a backup. Wouldn't want to use it for a long time.

Last edited by bit101; 03-24-2019 at 12:17 PM.
Old 03-25-2019, 12:08 AM   #4
helen19770707
Connoisseur
helen19770707 began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx C67 kindle Onyx Note
I used to buy a wacom pen from booxshop . It works well since it is from Onyx. It has been sold out now. May be you could send a message to ask when it will be available?

Last edited by helen19770707; 04-07-2020 at 06:00 AM.
helen19770707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 09:02 AM   #5
bit101
Connoisseur

From what I've read, there are older Boox devices that use one kind of stylus, and the newer ones that use a different type. They are not compatible, which makes it confusing at first to know which one to buy. From all I can tell, the ones that are made for the Onyx Boox Max2 are also compatible with the Nova Pro. Even these are only available from a couple of vendors and can be expensive, with even more added on for shipping. I found a reasonable one on ebay with free shipping... from China. I'm not in a rush, so I can wait the 2-3 weeks it will take to get here.
Advert
Old 04-30-2019, 08:36 PM   #6
LittleHouse75
LittleHouse75 began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
So, now that you all have had your Nova Pros for a couple weeks, anyone have any links of where they got their spare styluses? My Nova Pro arrived today, and I’m sooo going to lose that stylus eventually.
LittleHouse75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2019, 07:44 PM   #7
bit101
Connoisseur

I got one on eBay from China. $35.99 free shipping. Exactly the same as the original. Took a few weeks but that was fine since it's just a spare. Everywhere else I saw, they were going for close to double that price.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/23318529396...m=233185293960
Old 05-01-2019, 10:23 PM   #8
LittleHouse75
LittleHouse75 began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by bit101 View Post
I got one on eBay from China. $35.99 free shipping. Exactly the same as the original. Took a few weeks but that was fine since it's just a spare. Everywhere else I saw, they were going for close to double that price.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/23318529396...m=233185293960
Thanks for the link - I’ll check it out. I hope I don’t lose too many of these things!
LittleHouse75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 03:21 AM   #9
franzli
Addict
franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Onyx Boox T68 Plus
In principle, any wacom pens that work on the Samsung Galaxy Note line should work. So if you want something really cheap, you could get a pen for, say the Note 3 or 4, which one can often find for less than 10€. Of course, they might not be so comfortable to hold. But then you can also check for other pens that support the Galaxy Notes.
Of course, I can't vouch that every single one will work, but I just tried my Note 9's pen on my Onyx Boox Note non-pro yesterday, which worked just fine. I'd assume between the original OB Note and the current ones they use the same digitizer (possibly not fit the older N96 line). I have two other older pens that work on my Samsung Note device, if anyone's interested, I could test those (one older Thinkpad pen for the Thinkpad Tablet 2 which I actually quite like, but there it can be tricky getting the right version, since all newer Thinkpads use a different, active pen technology).
franzli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 01:00 AM   #10
DeKuns
Connoisseur
DeKuns puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.DeKuns puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.DeKuns puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.DeKuns puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.DeKuns puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.DeKuns puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.DeKuns puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.DeKuns puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.DeKuns puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.DeKuns puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.DeKuns puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.

Device: Kindle DX Graphite
Quote:
Originally Posted by franzli View Post
In principle, any wacom pens that work on the Samsung Galaxy Note line should work. So if you want something really cheap, you could get a pen for, say the Note 3 or 4, which one can often find for less than 10€. Of course, they might not be so comfortable to hold. But then you can also check for other pens that support the Galaxy Notes.
Of course, I can't vouch that every single one will work, but I just tried my Note 9's pen on my Onyx Boox Note non-pro yesterday, which worked just fine. I'd assume between the original OB Note and the current ones they use the same digitizer (possibly not fit the older N96 line). I have two other older pens that work on my Samsung Note device, if anyone's interested, I could test those (one older Thinkpad pen for the Thinkpad Tablet 2 which I actually quite like, but there it can be tricky getting the right version, since all newer Thinkpads use a different, active pen technology).
When you said Note 9 is it Onyx Boox Note S? The one with 9.7" display? Onyx Boox Note S should use Hanvon stylus not Wacom of the new Onyx Boox Nova/Note Pro. Hmm.. this make me wonder if Hanvon stylus is compatible with non-battery magnetic only Wacom stylus.
DeKuns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 08:40 AM   #11
bit101
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeKuns View Post
When you said Note 9 is it Onyx Boox Note S? The one with 9.7" display? Onyx Boox Note S should use Hanvon stylus not Wacom of the new Onyx Boox Nova/Note Pro. Hmm.. this make me wonder if Hanvon stylus is compatible with non-battery magnetic only Wacom stylus.
I think they were referring to the Samsung Galaxy Note 9.
Old 05-10-2019, 06:44 PM   #12
franzli
Addict
franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Onyx Boox T68 Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by bit101 View Post
I think they were referring to the Samsung Galaxy Note 9.
Yes, that's what I meant.
franzli is offline   Reply With Quote