Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 01-25-2020, 10:08 PM   #1
bkeberle
bkeberle began at the beginning.

Device: Iphone XS
Companion library only displaying first few books

Been running into this issue repeatedly where my calibre companion only shows the first 15-16 books alphabetically. I've re-synced my library and confirmed all the books were on the device so I'm not sure what's going on here. I just booted up calibre and connected my device and it's showing all the books as on the device. Now that I'm directly connected to calibre it's showing more books are in my app on my phone, but it's only the letters A and F??
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4995.PNG
Views:	174
Size:	260.8 KB
ID:	176659   Click image for larger version

Name:	unnamed.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	221.4 KB
ID:	176660  
bkeberle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2020, 01:48 AM   #2
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
did you search the forum? another poster a few months back had a very similar issue which was eventually diagnosed, but only after much poring over log files....

you'd best track that down for clues as there's no official place to send log files to nowadays
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2020, 03:00 AM   #3
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

this thread
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=321792

if nothing in there helps then ask again
Old 01-26-2020, 06:49 AM   #4
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
If you are running an iPhone XS, then you might have run into the iOS CC bug. The solution is to delete CC, reinstall it, then redownload your books. Is there anything there when you look at things like authors, series and the like? If not, that's likely what happened.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 10:21 PM   #5
bkeberle

Nope, nothing under author's and series. I'll try some of these methods, thank you for the responses.
Old 01-28-2020, 10:28 PM   #6
bkeberle

So, I just synced wirelessly and everything is suddenly showing up in CC though...I did bulk edit the comment section to be blank on all my books before this. Oddly enough CC seems to be working when I click on a book, but if I access said book through the search function, immediately crashes. Odd. Will have to explore more.
Old 01-29-2020, 01:16 AM   #7
stumped
Wizard

keep exploring but also tell us whether your app is running on android or IOS please, to help focus the advice. some known issues are platform specific
Old 01-30-2020, 06:23 PM   #8
bkeberle

PC app? It's Windows. My phone is an Iphone XS so it runs IOS, most recent build.
Old 01-31-2020, 02:22 AM   #9
stumped
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkeberle View Post
PC app? It's Windows. My phone is an Iphone XS so it runs IOS, most recent build.
CC on IOS is in a worse state than CC on android.

in bygone days you could send a CC log file to the developers who would scry it and diagnose.
CC log files still exist, but developers? read changing of the guard and other sad threads
Old 01-31-2020, 01:30 PM   #10
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Folks. Please give it a break.

We all know CC IOS has issues (and if you have not figured it out, you have not been reading before posting ).

IF there is a new release. And IF there are new issues, by all means, take up the baton again.
Until then... Give it a rest
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 01:48 PM   #11
stumped
Wizard

Why bother having the cc forum at all then.
Is the MR position.
1. That help requests should be ignored. In this specific instance we did collectively partially help.
2. If not then what do you suggest.
Seriously, I tried with the constructive suggestion of pointing help references , at the app stores and in the apps, towards the new developers preferred Trello forum and not to here, but that fell flat.

Put up a big sign saying CLOSED, and make it so that only the app owner and mods can post here.

Last edited by stumped; 01-31-2020 at 01:50 PM.
Old 01-31-2020, 02:16 PM   #12
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The forum exists to help all users. It will not close just because support has slowed/stopped. (FWIW there are a few in this MR section, and others that have moved to the archived section)

You and others, have made the current developer aware of the issues.

Further harassment will not move things forward.
Old 01-31-2020, 03:24 PM   #13
stumped
Wizard

" give it a break, give it a rest, ... "

Are you expressing a personal view or speaking on behalf of the site owners/ moderators.

If that is the official position then ok. I will stop posting and stop replying to any posts in this subforum.

I am sure the developer will be delighted with that outcome, but I would prefer to see a public, official clarification of the site's position on why this forum now exists, and whether it will continue to be advertised as the place to come to for official support.

Quoting directly from the about/help page of the calibre companion app, which I purchased:
:"Please feel free to post comments or suggestions in our support forum. You can get help on our support forum..."

Last edited by stumped; 01-31-2020 at 03:35 PM.
Old 01-31-2020, 05:04 PM   #14
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by stumped View Post

Are you expressing a personal view or speaking on behalf of the site owners/ moderators.

If that is the official position then ok. I will stop posting and stop replying to any posts in this subforum.

I am sure the developer will be delighted with that outcome, but I would prefer to see a public, official clarification of the site's position on why this forum now exists, and whether it will continue to be advertised as the place to come to for official support.

Quoting directly from the about/help page of the calibre companion app, which I purchased:
:"Please feel free to post comments or suggestions in our support forum. You can get help on our support forum..."
Users whose name is highlighted in green are moderators, so no I don't think it's any sort of official response. I suspect the following emoticon is appropriate for what the poster was trying to convey.

pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 05:18 PM   #15
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
Originally Posted by stumped View Post

Do you wish to make this request official? I can. I will.
Moderator Notice
Please cease.