Notices

Old 06-10-2016, 07:29 AM   #1
wgabi
Enthusiast
wgabi began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 5
Help needed with side loaded books.

Hi,

I have a problem with side loading books to my Kobo Glo HD. Previously I used Calibre, so I had no problem at all, but now I only have a Chromebook. Unfortunately I cannot use Calibre any more.

I can connect my reader to my Chromebook, and transfer any book. Ejecting the device not always working, but when I disconnect it, it will process the books, and I can open them.

Here comes my problem... The books look horrible, I lose the top margin, and paragraph spacing can be really ugly. Some functionality lost as well, ie: page count in a chapter not available...

Is there a way around this problem, or Calibre is the only one solution?

Thanks.
wgabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 08:03 AM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by wgabi View Post
Here comes my problem... The books look horrible, I lose the top margin, and paragraph spacing can be really ugly. Some functionality lost as well, ie: page count in a chapter not available...
For the top margin, I assume you mean the book title at the top of the screen. That with the page count per chapter, sounds like you were using the extended driver to convert the books to kepub. If so, the only way to get these function is to use calibre. Or buy all your books from Kobo.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-10-2016, 09:10 AM   #3
wgabi
Enthusiast
wgabi began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 5
:-( That is sad... I might go back to Kindle then. I have loads of books already, more than a hundred I haven't read yet, so I will not buy many books, not so soon anyway... (Only the few series that I follow)

If I remember right Kindles don't have this kind of trouble, and I can always convert my files on-line to mobi...

Thanks
wgabi is offline   Reply With Quote