Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 03-26-2024, 01:05 PM   #1
madelonw
Enthusiast
madelonw began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2, Kindle with Special Offers, iPad 2
Formats - Folder - Formats

Under the cover of a book, the information shown is Author, Formats, Folder, Formats where clicking on the second instance of Formats initiates a search for all books in that format. Very annoying! I have a library of nearly 100K books, so waiting for the action to complete is unacceptable.

Is there any way to eliminate the second instance of Folders from view so I don't click it when I just want to open a book?

I wasn't sure where to ask this, but any and all answers will be appreciated.
madelonw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2024, 02:05 PM   #2
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Take a look at Preferences => Look & feel => Book details.

Though on mine, I only see one Formats items.

Last edited by DNSB; 03-26-2024 at 02:07 PM.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-26-2024, 02:47 PM   #3
retiredbiker
Addict
retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle KB, Oasis, Pop_Os!, Jutoh, Kobo Forma
Thanks for bringing this up, @madelonw. I've had the same situation for years, but have been too lazy to fix it until now.

When I first started using Calibre, for some reason I made another Formats column (#formats) and stuffed it in there, and in the tag browser. No idea anymore why I did it, but it's been mildly in the way ever since.

Preferences-->Look and Feel-->Book Details to get remove it, as DNSB said.
Preferences-->Add Your Own Columns to get rid of it completely.
retiredbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2024, 06:04 PM   #4
Comfy.n
want to learn what I want
Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Calibre E-book viewer
I do use occasionally the searchable custom column link named "Filter Formats" on Book Details.

To differentiate between that and the built-in one that has the click-to-view formats links, besides the distinct heading name, I've added a bold styling to the latter, so it looks like this:

Click image for larger version

Name:	MWSnap 2024-03-26, 18_53_34.png
Views:	44
Size:	69.8 KB
ID:	207173

The CSS I have currently in Preferences -> Look and Feel -> Book Details
PHP Code:
#formats a {/*color:orange;*/ font-weight: bold; font-size: 11px !important;} 
In the past I had used also a different color for that distinction, but now I leave this styling bit commented and use different colors just for tags and title:

PHP Code:
#title { /* font-size: 12px !important;*/
color:orange !importantfont-weightbold; }

#tags, #tags a {color:#F578BE;    /*font-weight: bold;*/} 
BTW, the custom Filter Formats column is populated this way:

Click image for larger version

Name:	2024-03-26 19_02_54-Edit custom column.png
Views:	34
Size:	15.8 KB
ID:	207172
Comfy.n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2024, 06:21 PM   #5
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
The approximate_formats() template function will show what formats are recorded in the database. The formats() template function will show what formats actually exist - that's why its slow, it interrogates the file system, The calibre database is memory resident, that's why it's fast.

There is no reason to use the formats() function, the Check Library feature provides a comprehensive réconciliation of the database with the file system.
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-29-2024, 11:05 AM   #6
madelonw
Enthusiast
madelonw began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2, Kindle with Special Offers, iPad 2
Thanks!
madelonw is offline   Reply With Quote