Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-17-2020, 01:57 PM   #106
sherman
Guru
sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmelocotonto View Post
My try:

Dec 17 15:55:26 [Kobo-UNCaGED] Enabled loopback interface
Dec 17 15:55:26 [Kobo-UNCaGED] Starting Kobo UNCaGED
[Kobo-UNCaGED] 2020/12/17 15:55:27 Started Kobo-UNCaGED
[Kobo-UNCaGED] 2020/12/17 15:55:27 Reading options
[Kobo-UNCaGED] 2020/12/17 15:55:27 Creating KU object
[Kobo-UNCaGED] 2020/12/17 15:55:27 Getting Kobo Info
[Kobo-UNCaGED] 2020/12/17 15:55:33 Getting Device Info
[Kobo-UNCaGED] 2020/12/17 15:55:33 Reading Metadata
[Kobo-UNCaGED] 2020/12/17 15:55:33 Reading metadata.calibre
[Kobo-UNCaGED] 2020/12/17 15:55:34 Gathering metadata
[Kobo-UNCaGED] 2020/12/17 15:55:34 New: failed to read metadata file: readMDfile: bkRows error: database disk image is malformed
[Kobo-UNCaGED] 2020/12/17 15:55:34 New: failed to read metadata file: readMDfile: bkRows error: database disk image is malformed
Dec 17 15:55:34 [Kobo-UNCaGED] Running precautionary library rescan
Dec 17 15:55:45 [Kobo-UNCaGED] Disabled loopback interface

It is possible that my kobo database is malformed or my calibre.metadata file?
Yeah, that looks like a malformed database to me.
sherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2020, 02:05 PM   #107
uli
Zealot
uli can program the VCR without an owner's manual.uli can program the VCR without an owner's manual.uli can program the VCR without an owner's manual.uli can program the VCR without an owner's manual.uli can program the VCR without an owner's manual.uli can program the VCR without an owner's manual.uli can program the VCR without an owner's manual.uli can program the VCR without an owner's manual.uli can program the VCR without an owner's manual.uli can program the VCR without an owner's manual.uli can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo, Calibre
Is it possible for option "Prefer KEPUB" not include EPUB as a fallback?
Currently, it won't trigger Calibre auto-conversion if an EPUB is present.

Thanks for this amazing program, never imagined wireless sync would get this easy.
uli is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-17-2020, 07:31 PM   #108
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by uli View Post
Is it possible for option "Prefer KEPUB" not include EPUB as a fallback?
Currently, it won't trigger Calibre auto-conversion if an EPUB is present.

Thanks for this amazing program, never imagined wireless sync would get this easy.
As this is accessing calibre using a device driver, you should configure the supported formats. This is in the driver configuration. In the list of supported format, uncheck any that you do not want sent to the device. Calibre will then attempt to convert these to the first selected format in the list.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2020, 08:07 PM   #109
sherman
Guru
sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
As this is accessing calibre using a device driver, you should configure the supported formats. This is in the driver configuration. In the list of supported format, uncheck any that you do not want sent to the device. Calibre will then attempt to convert these to the first selected format in the list.
I was thinking of implementing something, but this is a much better idea. Thanks for the reminder that this option exists!

I've attached a new version which drastically relaxes the TCP deadline from 15 seconds to 60 seconds. Hopefully this should solve most, if not all remaining timeout issues.

If this version works for everyone, it will become KU v0.5.2

EDIT: Test release deleted.

Last edited by sherman; 12-19-2020 at 07:43 PM.
Old 12-17-2020, 08:34 PM   #110
uli
Zealot
uli can program the VCR without an owner's manual.uli can program the VCR without an owner's manual.uli can program the VCR without an owner's manual.uli can program the VCR without an owner's manual.uli can program the VCR without an owner's manual.uli can program the VCR without an owner's manual.uli can program the VCR without an owner's manual.uli can program the VCR without an owner's manual.uli can program the VCR without an owner's manual.uli can program the VCR without an owner's manual.uli can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Huh, I tried everything on the Calibre side and asked the forum, nothing worked. The recommendation was for the "uncheck" EPUB from client side.

If I send a file format (like azw) not listed in device.go it attempt to auto-convert otherwise no ...
Code:
ext = []string{"kepub", "epub", "mobi", "pdf", "cbz", "cbr", "txt", "html", "rtf"}
Advert
Old 12-17-2020, 08:44 PM   #111
sherman
Guru

Quote:
Huh, I tried everything on the Calibre side and asked the forum, nothing worked. The recommendation was for the "uncheck" EPUB from client side.

If I send a file format (like azw) not listed in device.go it attempt to auto-convert otherwise no ...
Code:
ext = []string{"kepub", "epub", "mobi", "pdf", "cbz", "cbr", "txt", "html", "rtf"}
Hmm, just had a look myself. The wireless driver indeed doesn't seem to let you de-select a format, so it looks like I will need to support it in KU.

I'll probably add an extra config entry, something like 'exclude formats' to let the user exclude unwanted formats, unless davidfor has an idea on how to do it in Calibre.
Old 12-17-2020, 09:12 PM   #112
uli
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherman View Post
Hmm, just had a look myself. The wireless driver indeed doesn't seem to let you de-select a format, so it looks like I will need to support it in KU.

I'll probably add an extra config entry, something like 'exclude formats' to let the user exclude unwanted formats, unless davidfor has an idea on how to do it in Calibre.
It looks like Calibre checks every accepted format before attempting auto-convert.

I think simply excluding EPUB when KEPUB is checked is what most expect.
Old 12-17-2020, 09:21 PM   #113
sherman
Guru

I called the option prefer kepub for a reason. It's for people (like me) who mostly use epub, but have the occasional book they wish to use kepub for, and have both kepub and epub in their library.
Old 12-17-2020, 09:42 PM   #114
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:

I was thinking this was using the MTP driver. But, it is the SmartDevice App interface created for CalibreCompanion. In that case, I think doing it in the client is correct. That lets the app decide on the format that it will use and pass on to whatever the actual reader is.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2020, 09:46 PM   #115
uli
Zealot

Quote:
I called the option prefer kepub for a reason. It's for people (like me) who mostly use epub, but have the occasional book they wish to use kepub for, and have both kepub and epub in their library.
Ah that makes sense, I'm thinking like the Kobo Extended driver where kepubs are an ephemeral thing that vanish after reading.
Old 12-17-2020, 09:54 PM   #116
sherman
Guru

Quote:
Ah that makes sense, I'm thinking like the Kobo Extended driver where kepubs are an ephemeral thing that vanish after reading.
Good news, just testing my new 'Exclude Formats' option, and at first blush it seems to work rather well.

Basically, it allows entering a comma separated list of formats that you don't want Calibre to treat as supported formats. Example, you could enter 'epub' if you always want to convert to another format, like kepub.
Old 12-17-2020, 10:43 PM   #117
sherman
Guru

Here's a new test version of KU with the new 'Exclude Formats' configuration option.

To use it, at the config screen, simply type in a comma separated list of formats that you do NOT want calibre to see as a 'supported' format.

Eg: Enter epub to force Calibre to convert epub files to kepub during sending.

If for some strange reason you want kepub/epub files to be converted to mobi before sending, you could enter epub,kepub

EDIT: Test release deleted.

Last edited by sherman; 12-19-2020 at 07:43 PM.
Old 12-18-2020, 12:39 AM   #118
uli
Zealot

Quote:
Here's a new test version of KU with the new 'Exclude Formats' configuration option.
Exclude format/auto-conversion works here, thanks for the update!
Old 12-18-2020, 01:15 AM   #119
sherman
Guru

A Pull Request that hopefully fixes the issues has been opened here.

I should hopefully release a new version within the next day or so.
Old 12-18-2020, 09:41 AM   #120
Carmelocotonto
Connoisseur
Carmelocotonto began at the beginning.

Device: kobo Clara HD, Onyxboox C67
Good!!
I have solved my problem:

New: failed to read metadata file: readMDfile: bkRows error: database disk image is malformed

Now All is OK except one question: books are downloaded on mnt/onboard. How can I send them to another dir?
Carmelocotonto is offline   Reply With Quote