Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Fictionwise eBookwise

Notices

Old 11-11-2008, 03:33 PM   #1
cartz
Zealot
cartz 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.cartz 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.cartz 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.cartz 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.cartz 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.cartz 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.cartz 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.cartz 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.cartz 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.cartz 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.cartz 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.

Device: Inkpalm 5 Mini
Best battery charging approach?

Hi,

What is the best approach to battery charging the eBookwise 1150?

Is it best to wait until there is not much charge before charging it? Or does simply charging it when convenient (regardless of current charge) not have a negative impact on the long term life of the battery?

Thanks,

cartz.
cartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 11:39 PM   #2
sassanik
Guru
sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB1150, iPhone, Cool-er Purple, Pocketbook 360, Kindle Fire
battery

Well I have had mine for 6 months or so now, and I am not consistant in what way I charge my eb1150. I sometimes charge when its low, sometimes not so low. I have not noted any difference in battery life as of yet.

I would imagine someone else on the forums has had theirs longer than me and might have a better idea.

Amy
sassanik is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-13-2008, 12:18 PM   #3
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by sassanik View Post
Well I have had mine for 6 months or so now, and I am not consistant in what way I charge my eb1150. I sometimes charge when its low, sometimes not so low. I have not noted any difference in battery life as of yet.

I would imagine someone else on the forums has had theirs longer than me and might have a better idea.

Amy

Typically the kind of battery (Lithium Ion) prefers to be topped off and has no memory effect. I think you are correct in there is no difference but it is better not to run it fully down all the time.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 09:34 AM   #4
shighfield
Groupie!? GROUPIE!?!?
shighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enough

Device: EBW 1150, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by cartz View Post
Hi,
What is the best approach to battery charging the eBookwise 1150?
cartz.
I have no pattern, it gets charged when it needs it. When I'm just reading at home before bed that can be once every week, or two weeks. (Around 10% or so is when I normally remember to plug it in).

When I leave on a weekend business trip I charge the reader to full the day before (No matter what % the battery is at), if I'm reading a lot (Rainy weekend) I will charge the reader whenever I'm not using it, ie: shopping, cooking dinner, etc.

So to make a long story short "Charge it whenever you want, it doesn't seem to matter."
shighfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 12:53 PM   #5
tHeFiRsTiDioT
Random Reader of Rubbish
tHeFiRsTiDioT began at the beginning.

Device: Dell Axim X50v, Sony PRS 505, HTC Incredible, Pocketbook IQ
I have used it for more than a year and a half now (and I bought it second hand on ebay). I charge it when low normally (about an hr left), and havent seen any significant reduction in the total battery life yet.
tHeFiRsTiDioT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-08-2008, 05:04 PM   #6
Wordcrasher
Addict
Wordcrasher can extract oil from cheeseWordcrasher can extract oil from cheeseWordcrasher can extract oil from cheeseWordcrasher can extract oil from cheeseWordcrasher can extract oil from cheeseWordcrasher can extract oil from cheeseWordcrasher can extract oil from cheeseWordcrasher can extract oil from cheeseWordcrasher can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle Fire 2015, Kindle Paperwhite
When I bought my iPod, years ago, I had the same worries about charging and discharging the battery and I found this article:

http://www.batteryuniversity.com/partone-12.htm

It's the best source about batteries I ever found.
Wordcrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 03:56 PM   #7
250 Coupe
Groupie
250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch

Device: Many ebook readers at my house
I've had mine since July 2006.

I charge it just before working a long weekend. I work 3 twelves every other weekend and don't want the battery to die on me while I'm at work. I'll also charge it if it shows less than 6 hours for when I work two twelves during the week.

Otherwise, I just let it go until I remember.

I remember reading that the battery does not like sitting at 100% charge for any length of time which is why you won't see it at 100% too often. The charging system is smart enough to bring it to 100% then to discharge it just a bit to bring it down.

Michael
250 Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote