Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-10-2021, 03:46 PM   #31
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
NO it take minutes.
We are NOT talking about REPAIR, just the basic integrity check
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2021, 07:25 AM   #32
Wajalot
Wajalot began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
NO it take minutes.
We are NOT talking about REPAIR, just the basic integrity check
Hi
Firstly thanks for your time and answering.

I've done it. Nothing changes. Still the same error when I try to delete that specific book.

Is there anyway to remove a entry from the database using a command in a terminal?
Wajalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-11-2021, 07:35 AM   #33
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Use

calibre-debug --reinitialize-db /path/to/metadata.db

that will dump the SQL and recreate the db with th edump. That might fix the corruption.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2021, 09:00 AM   #34
criscros
Fulltime reader
criscros can eat soup with a fork.criscros can eat soup with a fork.criscros can eat soup with a fork.criscros can eat soup with a fork.criscros can eat soup with a fork.criscros can eat soup with a fork.criscros can eat soup with a fork.criscros can eat soup with a fork.criscros can eat soup with a fork.criscros can eat soup with a fork.criscros can eat soup with a fork.

Device: Kobo Clara
Just wanted to add that I experienced a similar problem with 5.33.2.
I tried to delete a book and calibre just shut down. I thought it was the book, but I tried other books with the same result. Calibre just shut down. It does let me remove files from the book and even convert it, but not delete it even when it's an empty book. I ran Library Maintenance, and nothing came up or changed.

Since I had a backup of 5.32, I just restored the calibre files to the last version and I can now delete.
criscros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2022, 01:08 PM   #35
sirveykan
sirveykan began at the beginning.

Device: laptop
I'm using 5.40
getting this error only on two pdf books

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre\gui2\library\models.py", line 1150, in setData
File "calibre\gui2\library\models.py", line 1220, in _set_data
File "calibre\db\legacy.py", line 926, in func
File "calibre\db\cache.py", line 74, in call_func_with_lock
File "calibre\db\cache.py", line 1239, in set_field
File "calibre\db\write.py", line 565, in set_books
File "calibre\db\write.py", line 473, in many_many
File "calibre\db\backend.py", line 947, in executemany
apsw.ConstraintError: ConstraintError: UNIQUE constraint failed: books_languages_link.book, books_languages_link.lang_code

help plz
thnx in advance
sirveykan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-26-2022, 01:05 PM   #36
sirveykan
sirveykan began at the beginning.

Device: laptop
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirveykan View Post
I'm using 5.40
getting this error only on two pdf books

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre\gui2\library\models.py", line 1150, in setData
File "calibre\gui2\library\models.py", line 1220, in _set_data
File "calibre\db\legacy.py", line 926, in func
File "calibre\db\cache.py", line 74, in call_func_with_lock
File "calibre\db\cache.py", line 1239, in set_field
File "calibre\db\write.py", line 565, in set_books
File "calibre\db\write.py", line 473, in many_many
File "calibre\db\backend.py", line 947, in executemany
apsw.ConstraintError: ConstraintError: UNIQUE constraint failed: books_languages_link.book, books_languages_link.lang_code

help plz
thnx in advance

I've restored the library and the problem is now solved
sirveykan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2023, 04:00 PM   #37
Shaade
Shaade began at the beginning.

Device: Kon-Tiki 2
My calibre library gets corrupted very often, and I have to rebuild it almost on a daily basis. I don't have specific steps, but seems related to changing author/title for existing books. Is anybody else experiencing a similar issue?
Shaade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2023, 04:17 PM   #38
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaade View Post
My calibre library gets corrupted very often, and I have to rebuild it almost on a daily basis. I don't have specific steps, but seems related to changing author/title for existing books. Is anybody else experiencing a similar issue?
I suspect your Library is on a NAS or cloud (shared) drive. A no-no (in the FAQ) as timing is everything. LOCAL drives only and not full time cloud backing.

Another cause is 2 (GUI) instances accessing the same Library. Server was designed to allow multiple users without direct access to the DB. The DB is cached, so there is no communications between instances.
Old 04-18-2023, 05:45 PM   #39
Shaade
Shaade began at the beginning.

Device: Kon-Tiki 2
Thank you for the prompt answer. I do not have the library on a NAS. I am thinking that Kasperky anti-virus may monitor files, so I've added the calibre folder to its exclusions.
This corruption seems a more recent development. It had happened to me in the past, but it occurred very rarely. Now it happens almost every second day.
Shaade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2023, 05:57 PM   #40
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Just to rule out hardware issues, would advise to run HDDScan and Memtest86.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2023, 07:46 PM   #41
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaade View Post
Thank you for the prompt answer. I do not have the library on a NAS. I am thinking that Kasperky anti-virus may monitor files, so I've added the calibre folder to its exclusions.
This corruption seems a more recent development. It had happened to me in the past, but it occurred very rarely. Now it happens almost every second day.
The Library folder should be added to the white list.
I would expect Calibre (the program) to be popping A/V warnings if that was the issue (and if it does not warn that it did something makes it a reason to ditch K )
Old 03-18-2024, 03:25 PM   #42
Chirishman
Chirishman began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Use

calibre-debug --reinitialize-db /path/to/metadata.db

that will dump the SQL and recreate the db with th edump. That might fix the corruption.
Has this been removed or replaced? I'm currently getting No Such Option:

Code:
calibre-debug: error: no such option: --reinitialize-db
Chirishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2024, 03:40 PM   #43
theducks
Well trained by Cats

THE ONLINE USER MANUAL IS YOUR FRIEND

the page you want is:
https://manual.calibre-ebook.com/gen...store-database
Old 03-18-2024, 03:46 PM   #44
Chirishman
Chirishman began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
THE ONLINE USER MANUAL IS YOUR FRIEND

the page you want is:
https://manual.calibre-ebook.com/gen...store-database
Restore and Reinitialize are two different things. Kovid mentions both in this thread.

Restore reconstitutes the database from the OPF files, while Reinitialize-from the given description anyway-will dump the existing sql db, recreate the tables, and then attempt to re-import the dumped data.

I found that command also in this manpage but like I said it doesn't seem to exist anymore and I haven't found any notes about it being deprecated which is why I've asked.
Chirishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2024, 11:15 PM   #45
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chirishman View Post
Has this been removed or replaced? I'm currently getting No Such Option:

Code:
calibre-debug: error: no such option: --reinitialize-db
Yes, it doesnt exist anymore. You want to restore database from command line use calibredb restore_database. There is no longer any roudtrip via sql function.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote