Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 03-26-2015, 01:46 AM   #1
taratears
Connoisseur
taratears began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire HD
Calibre Companion and wireless connection

I'm trying to use Calibre Companion, but I can't get it to connect wirelessly, even when I put in the ip and port myself. Any help?
taratears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 02:50 AM   #2
nqk
Fanatic
nqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Onyx Boox Leaf
the router provided my ISP blocks direct communication between wifi devices and LAN port devices and thus Calibre Companion couldn't find Calibre service on my PC until I attached another standard wifi router.
nqk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-26-2015, 04:51 AM   #3
darryl
Wizard
darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kindle Oasis, Huwei Ascend Mate 7
It is likely a firewall problem. If Calibre is running on a Windows Machine try disabling the firewall and then trying to connect. If you can connect you then know this is the problem and can make the necessary adjustments to allow Calibre through the firewall.
darryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 10:52 AM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by nqk View Post
the router provided my ISP blocks direct communication between wifi devices and LAN port devices and thus Calibre Companion couldn't find Calibre service on my PC until I attached another standard wifi router.
It is all in the settings.
Some WiFi+routers (+ a modem. technical nit: they are combination units) block the access to the wired side By Default for security of your wired side.

You need to adjust the (typically in the WiFi section) setting
BYW Some WiFi AP's block WiFi Peering (wireless to wireless) by default
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 12:18 PM   #5
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Moderator Notice
Moved to the Calibre Companion forum
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-26-2015, 12:20 PM   #6
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by taratears View Post
I'm trying to use Calibre Companion, but I can't get it to connect wirelessly, even when I put in the ip and port myself. Any help?
Have you gone through the steps in our CC FAQ answer Calibre Companion won’t connect to calibre. What do I do?
Old 03-26-2015, 09:38 PM   #7
taratears
Connoisseur
taratears began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire HD
Yes, Everything in the list, step by step. I tested with the firewall off as well, and no luck. Thanks for the answers so far.
taratears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 10:48 PM   #8
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Could you maybe tell us the brand / model of the router so we can try to find it's manual and see what options might exist.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 02:22 AM   #9
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
test also: can your tablet see any files on PC via a different app
e.g. ES file explorer, select network ->LAN & enter IP for calibre PC.
if you can see shared files OK then its not a router problem, if you can't then it probably is.
cybmole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 04:24 AM   #10
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

Also, and assuming you are running windows, could you let us know what happened at step 7 in the FAQ: starting your computer in safe mode? It would help if you give us the details about your setup: device running CC (is it your Kindle Fire?), operating system and version of the computer running calibre.
Old 03-27-2015, 03:09 PM   #11
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
On Android
Google Play has apps to help Ping an IP

Ping & DNS has tools for a lot of network testing
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 02:13 AM   #12
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
pity the OP has apparently lost interest, or lacks the manners to say help is no longer needed
cybmole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 05:19 AM   #13
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybmole View Post
pity the OP has apparently lost interest, or lacks the manners to say help is no longer needed
Or perhaps life got in the way.
Old 03-28-2015, 05:32 PM   #14
hleo12
Guru
hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo (deceased), Kindle 4th, Kindle Basic 10th Generation
It's a good thing I don't have this problem.

My ISP sucks big time. They provided us with a modem/router in one and you can't change almost all of the settings. The only setting you can change is security (and you still have to have the ISP name in the SSID).

I can't even blacklist/whitelist IP addresses.
hleo12 is offline   Reply With Quote