Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 05-01-2013, 09:47 AM   #1
aditya3098
Guru
aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe
Cool MicroEmu Java

I was thinking about porting MicroEmulator to the touch. Will the built in java "cvm" work or will I need to get oracle's headful java se embeded?
aditya3098 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 11:18 AM   #2
hawhill
Wizard
hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Mini
Not sure - I guess you will need to go and try. And be prepared that you'll have to adapt the source quite a bit to fit it into the Kindlet API (if you use cvm).
hawhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-01-2013, 11:22 AM   #3
aditya3098
Guru
aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawhill View Post
Not sure - I guess you will need to go and try. And be prepared that you'll have to adapt the source quite a bit to fit it into the Kindlet API (if you use cvm).
Exactly what I asked. So what you're saying is that if I use the cvm, I need to use the kindlet api, and cannot invoke swing, awt etc in a seperate window (X window)?
aditya3098 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 06:24 AM   #4
hawhill
Wizard
hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Mini
Yes. Cvm comes pretty much hardcoded with the (Java2 ME architecture, BTW, but that doesn't tell you much alone) CDC API. Kindlet graphics is very much based on AWT API, but I think there are exceptions to that. The Java standardization world is about as messy as marketing mixed with a quite universally used language suggests, so for what it's worth: the Kindle runs a Java 2 ME CDC profile stack (with some Kindle specific additions). You might also find this interesting: http://docs.oracle.com/javame/config...e/html/toc.htm

PS: The API that is offered to _Kindlets_ is highly Kindle specific, which is done through a Java security model, strongly coupled with the class loader of the CVM. This means that the full capacity of the cvm is not offered to Kindlets by default.
hawhill is offline   Reply With Quote