Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 09-06-2011, 08:03 PM   #151
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
@ 0:40

Spoiler:
Perfect!
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 08:10 PM   #152
kennyc
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellmark View Post
While it may be a fact, it is an obvious one that need not be discussed for the umpteeth million time. Yeah, everyone knows that only Kindle users can buy ebooks from Amazon. Yeah, we know. That's like going to a blind guy and say "You know, you can't see?" Also, it has already been established of JSWolf's behavior when people make comments in the vein of yours. Given your post count, and participation in threads that this has been discussed, it isn't something that you can deny knowledge of. Due to the obvious overdiscussed nature, being directed at a person who is widely known to get wound up by such comments, how can such a thing not be at least some what inflammatory? Even with the JS thing aside, it is somewhat pointless to mention such a thing.

Given all of the stated things, can we please just avoid things that can cause civil unrest?
Look, I don't know what your personal issue is but I do know you are not a moderator so stop telling me what to do. I've already explained more than was necessary so just drop it. You seem to be more wound up than anyone so if anything should be dropped it's this attack you have mounted against me for a very innocuous comment.

Last edited by kennyc; 09-06-2011 at 09:20 PM.
Advert
Old 09-06-2011, 08:24 PM   #153
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc
for a very innoculous comment.
What the 'L'?
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 08:39 PM   #154
kennyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
What the 'L'?
Now, wha'd I do?
Old 09-06-2011, 09:14 PM   #155
TimW
Wizard
TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KK3G, KPW1, Sony PRST1, Sony PRS350, iPod Touch 5G
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
Now, wha'd I do?
DD is referring to the "L" in "innoculous" that isn't in "innocuous."
TimW is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-06-2011, 09:19 PM   #156
kennyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimW View Post
DD is referring to the "L" in "innoculous" that isn't in "innocuous."
Oh, that's my Southern Accent.

Sorry for the typo...will fix...

It's a bit like inartickulous ya know.

Last edited by kennyc; 09-06-2011 at 09:44 PM.
Old 09-07-2011, 12:03 AM   #157
ucfgrad93
Wizard
ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2nd Gen
Back on topic.......

I think this is going to be a nice reader. Glad to see Sony price it more competitively.
ucfgrad93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 03:24 AM   #158
901hw
Connoisseur
901hw knows what time it is901hw knows what time it is901hw knows what time it is901hw knows what time it is901hw knows what time it is901hw knows what time it is901hw knows what time it is901hw knows what time it is901hw knows what time it is901hw knows what time it is901hw knows what time it is

Device: Trekstor Pyrus Mini, PB Touch Lux 2, Onxy Boox C67ML (maybe))
Why cant the sony handle audible audiobooks? I have been listening to audiobooks on my 650. Anyway I have preordered the T1! Although there was no mention of the Harry Potter version, would have been interested in that.
901hw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 05:57 AM   #159
nashira
Addict
nashira is slicker than a case of WD-40nashira is slicker than a case of WD-40nashira is slicker than a case of WD-40nashira is slicker than a case of WD-40nashira is slicker than a case of WD-40nashira is slicker than a case of WD-40nashira is slicker than a case of WD-40nashira is slicker than a case of WD-40nashira is slicker than a case of WD-40nashira is slicker than a case of WD-40nashira is slicker than a case of WD-40

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
This looks pretty good...

I hope they come out soon.
nashira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 07:12 AM   #160
rhadin
Literacy = Understanding
rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Nook Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
But doesn't have direct access to Amazon or kindle books.
Which is a good thing -- for those of us who prefer not to support Bezos' monopolistic tendencies .

There is nothing special about Kindle/Amazon books except the incompatible DRM. It hasn't been demonstrated that the ebook you buy at Amazon differs in content (i.e., the story content) from the ePub version you buy at Sony or B&N.

Or are you saying that you have evidence that authors and publishers sell one version at Amazon and a redacted version elsewhere?

<EDIT: I should have read the subsequent messages before writing this response. Oh, well . . . >

Last edited by rhadin; 09-07-2011 at 07:20 AM.
rhadin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 08:05 AM   #161
Tony1988
Guru
Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs-350
Quote:
Originally Posted by 901hw View Post
Why cant the sony handle audible audiobooks? I have been listening to audiobooks on my 650. Anyway I have preordered the T1! Although there was no mention of the Harry Potter version, would have been interested in that.
The Harry Potter Version will have the first book for free already loaded and possibly come with a case. Same price as the regular verasion.
Tony1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 09:30 AM   #162
Pinecone
Guru
Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-650, PRS-600, PRS-350
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjtorres View Post
Now, maybe Sony is happy with a 4% global market share.
The real point is, SOny has been selling all the readers they can make. Look in the Sony section for the threads on where to find a reader over the last year as they were out of stock for months.

Sony is limited to the production allowed by teh number of eInk screens they can source. So as long as they sell all they can make, why compete on price?

Now, if Sony were to develop their own screen and use that, then maybe they would want to compete on price, as they would not be volume limited.

But on the other hand, Ferrari, Aston, Bugatti, and others make a very nice living off a VERY small percentage of the world car market.
Pinecone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 09:50 AM   #163
faithbw
Guru
faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Mini 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCION View Post
I would be pumped if I anticipated online browsing at my library and immediately being able to check out a book. That won't be the case with a waitlist, so there's no instant gratification with having the wireless.
Ahh, this is true and a point I hadn't considered.
faithbw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 09:54 AM   #164
Hellmark
Wizard
Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nokia N800, PRS-505, Nook STR Glowlight, Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinecone View Post
The real point is, SOny has been selling all the readers they can make. Look in the Sony section for the threads on where to find a reader over the last year as they were out of stock for months.

Sony is limited to the production allowed by teh number of eInk screens they can source. So as long as they sell all they can make, why compete on price?

Now, if Sony were to develop their own screen and use that, then maybe they would want to compete on price, as they would not be volume limited.

But on the other hand, Ferrari, Aston, Bugatti, and others make a very nice living off a VERY small percentage of the world car market.
It isn't all the readers they can make, but rather all the readers they are making. Big difference. Yes, they're limited by how many they can buy, but as I said before to you, why would eInk give them temporary exclusivity on the pearl displays, but then limit the number of displays they could buy to a number lower than that of the competition. Supply isn't the problem, no matter how much you rant and rave about it.
Hellmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 09:55 AM   #165
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by faithbw View Post
Ahh, this is true and a point I hadn't considered.
My library has a large selection. I have been building a long wishlist so there is always something that is available immediately while I wait in hold lines on the rest.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote