Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-02-2011, 05:41 PM   #16
wvcherrybomb
Sharp Shootin' Grandma
wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle Fire, Literati (has been adopted by my daughter)
Well, I was about to post that Amazon is one of the very few places I would buy a refurb from, but then I read the last posts. I have seen refurb Kindles and know a couple of people who have bought them. The only way to tell it was a refurb was by the sticker on the box. They look and act exactly like the new units.

I hope you are able to get one.
wvcherrybomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 10:22 PM   #17
billmilo
Connoisseur
billmilo has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi
get refurbished. many have a certain fear for refurbished item. they are sent to the factory and professionally refurbished.
billmilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-02-2011, 10:29 PM   #18
ahmadnz
ahmadnz began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX
Quote:
Originally Posted by billmilo View Post
get refurbished. many have a certain fear for refurbished item. they are sent to the factory and professionally refurbished.
I'm very angry that I got an order confirmation only for this to be cancelled.

How often will these come up again? What a waste of time looking!
ahmadnz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 12:32 AM   #19
luvshihtzu
Groupie
luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'

Device: Kindle DX Graphite, Sony 950 and iPad
I had the same thing happened in the middle of December when I ordered a refurbished DX Graphite. They accepted my order and then two days later canceled it. A day or so later I went ahead and ordered a new DXG and after the order was confirmed for shipping, they had the refurbished ones back in stock. I am still a bit steamed, but I really love the new DXG. Great screen. I gave my husband my previous DX. Figure at this point it isn't worth much to sell it used.
luvshihtzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 10:53 AM   #20
billmilo
Connoisseur
billmilo has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvshihtzu View Post
I had the same thing happened in the middle of December when I ordered a refurbished DX Graphite. They accepted my order and then two days later canceled it. A day or so later I went ahead and ordered a new DXG and after the order was confirmed for shipping, they had the refurbished ones back in stock. I am still a bit steamed, but I really love the new DXG. Great screen. I gave my husband my previous DX. Figure at this point it isn't worth much to sell it used.
I have found that Kindles sell well on ebay. There is demand for them and there are very few Kindles sold on eBay.
billmilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert