Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 03-23-2024, 06:34 PM   #1
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Crisis averted!

Click image for larger version

Name:	2024-03-23 19_32_59-Multiple books selected.png
Views:	190
Size:	11.9 KB
ID:	207107

After some clumsy fumbling with the keyboard, I learned of this dialog. I am very glad it exists.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2024, 07:58 PM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
If you do the same thing with a bunch of jpegs in Windows File Explorer you'll probably end up with a litter of kittens…

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2024, 09:00 PM   #3
Comfy.n
want to learn what I want
Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Calibre E-book viewer
I have some registry modification in place for Windows explorer, because when I want to open a bunch of files at once, I don't want any restriction! I'd prefer that the file explorer could issue a similar warning, instead of outright blocking the opening of multiple files.
Comfy.n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2024, 12:51 AM   #4
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comfy.n View Post
I have some registry modification in place for Windows explorer, because when I want to open a bunch of files at once, I don't want any restriction! I'd prefer that the file explorer could issue a similar warning, instead of outright blocking the opening of multiple files.
My Win10 File Explorer doesn't prevent me opening multiple files in one fell swipe, nor did Win7, or XP and I have zilch registry edits… my complaint would be it doesn't have an RU-Shore

BR
Old 03-24-2024, 01:11 AM   #5
Comfy.n
want to learn what I want
Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Calibre E-book viewer
I mean this reg modification:

And create a new DWORD (32-bit) Value called MultipleInvokePromptMinimum and set a value in decimal to the max number of files you would like to open at once. I put 30 in this case, see the screenshot below.
Comfy.n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2024, 01:56 AM   #6
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

Ah-ha I misunderstood.

I do multifile opens on AV files, most players (all ??) treat that as a temporary playlist - i.e. they play them serially. And I would do it from xplorer², which appears to have no limits, but it pops an RU-Shore if you select more than 10.

If I select multiple jpegs in xplorer² I get multiple Irfanview windows, if I do that in File Explorer a desktop slide show clobbers Mr. Flay's Forest wallpaper.

BR
Old 03-24-2024, 05:28 AM   #7
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
Attachment 207107

After some clumsy fumbling with the keyboard, I learned of this dialog. I am very glad it exists.
Has happened to me too, both in Calibre and Explorer (I'm a clumsy person). In Explorer, I don't get any warnings. I've managed to open a bunch of files or photos regularly (fortunately not hundreds so far).
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2024, 05:43 AM   #8
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
I once accidentally fork-bombed myself with a badly-written batch file.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2024, 06:28 AM   #9
mbovenka
Wizard
mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
I once accidentally fork-bombed myself with a badly-written batch file.
Yup, been there, done that
mbovenka is offline   Reply With Quote