Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-24-2024, 09:08 PM   #1
tama_art
tama_art began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Question How do I install this drawing app on my Kindle?

Hello guys!

I have tried installing the drawing app JoppyFur made, this one: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=178513

But KUAL isn't recognizing it, and I noticed it has a different file structure than other KUAL extensions.

How do I run this app on my Kindle? Is it possible to run it at all?
I've been looking for a drawing app on Kindle, and this is one of the very few I managed to find so I would love to try it out.

I got a Kindle Touch running on 5.3.7.3 as a reference.
tama_art is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2024, 10:14 PM   #2
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Take a look at message #11 in thread from which you obtained the app.

You will need to open a terminal session and launch from there. It's a native Linux app.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2024, 12:00 AM   #3
tama_art
tama_art began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Take a look at message #11 in thread from which you obtained the app.

You will need to open a terminal session and launch from there. It's a native Linux app.
Thank you, I missed that part, I got it working now. It's a bit simpler than I thought but still rlly cool to see.

This might be a dumb question to ask, but since the Kindle runs Linux apps, is running something like this technically possible? https://github.com/maoschanz/drawing
I assume its way too complex to run but would be really cool if it worked.
tama_art is offline   Reply With Quote