Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-02-2011, 02:41 PM   #1
whitearrow
Guru
whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
I miss the accessories forum

I know the value of keeping discussions consolidated, but for me, the "thread" approach to accessories isn't as valuable as the separate forum with unique threads. It's so much harder to go back and find information, or to have a real discussion about one particular item.

I also wrote a rather long review of a cover with photos, but I doubt I would do that again (unless I was also posting it somewhere else) just because things disappear so quickly and are hard to find later.

I'm probably alone, but a separate accessories forum worked much better for me.

Last edited by whitearrow; 02-02-2011 at 02:47 PM.
whitearrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 02:52 PM   #2
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitearrow View Post
I know the value of keeping discussions consolidated, but for me, the "thread" approach to accessories isn't as valuable as the separate forum with unique threads. It's so much harder to go back and find information, or to have a real discussion about one particular item.

I also wrote a rather long review of a cover with photos, but I doubt I would do that again (unless I was also posting it somewhere else) just because things disappear so quickly and are hard to find later.

we're trying for a compromise with the 3 stickies up above. that way, for the three main accessories, they are always there and available
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 02:59 PM   #3
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Kindle Boards has an entire forum for accessories.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 03:04 PM   #4
whitearrow
Guru
whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
Kindle Boards has an entire forum for accessories.
I like it here better than KindleBoards
Old 02-02-2011, 03:05 PM   #5
whitearrow
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
we're trying for a compromise with the 3 stickies up above. that way, for the three main accessories, they are always there and available
I understand. I just find that in such massive threads, having any one conversation is difficult, and posts (such as reviews) disappear very quickly. They're also a lot for a newbie to review.
Old 02-02-2011, 03:15 PM   #6
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Quote:
I like it here better than KindleBoards
I use both. If I am looking for accessories I go to KB because of the seperate forum. I do tend to post more here then there though.

Not to mention that there are accessories that work across devices, like bags and lights. There are covers that are available for multiple devices. (shrugs) It is nice to be able to find reviews and ask questions.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 05:11 PM   #7
JD78
Connoisseur
JD78 can name that song in three notesJD78 can name that song in three notesJD78 can name that song in three notesJD78 can name that song in three notesJD78 can name that song in three notesJD78 can name that song in three notesJD78 can name that song in three notesJD78 can name that song in three notesJD78 can name that song in three notesJD78 can name that song in three notesJD78 can name that song in three notes

Device: None
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
I use both. If I am looking for accessories I go to KB because of the seperate forum. I do tend to post more here then there though.

Not to mention that there are accessories that work across devices, like bags and lights. There are covers that are available for multiple devices. (shrugs) It is nice to be able to find reviews and ask questions.
I use both too, but the KB accessories forum tends to be a bit "skin" happy. It seems like 90% of the posts (purely unofficial stat) are about skins.

I can say both forums appear to be sleeve indifferent as I have received no responses on either board in regards to my post (https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=119546).
JD78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 05:16 PM   #8
PG4003
Addict
PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW I & II, Kindle Voyage, Fire HD 7", Fire HD 8.9"
I find that people here don't seem to be as interested in accessories as they do on the Kindleboards. I love to see/hear about what kinds of covers and skins people have, but I seem to be in the minority here.
PG4003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 05:22 PM   #9
sadievan
Wizard
sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, iPhone, Kindle Fire HD 6
Quote:

Your not alone. I very seldom go to the current threads. I like separate forums too.

Carol
sadievan is offline   Reply With Quote