Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-02-2011, 09:17 AM   #16
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by eSheri View Post
Thanks guys!
I don't the the price itself is the issue; she's concerned about buying a kindle & then the price will drop. (thats probably a woman thing )
I told her that I feel the kindle is priced just right! Which probably accounts for the amount sold!
I know plenty of guys who fear the same thing. If she wants an e-reader now, whatever kind, she should buy one now. If she buys a Kindle and the price drops in the next 30 days, she will get the difference refunded.

Tell her about the people who spent $389 for their K1's that weighed more, held fewer books, had shorter battery life, and a screen that was only 4 greyscale. Compare that to todays K3 at $189. And then let her know that you can have my K1 when you pry it from my cold, dead hands and that it was worth every penny I spent.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 09:22 AM   #17
snipenekkid
Banned
snipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensions

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
I know plenty of guys who fear the same thing. If she wants an e-reader now, whatever kind, she should buy one now. If she buys a Kindle and the price drops in the next 30 days, she will get the difference refunded.

Tell her about the people who spent $389 for their K1's that weighed more, held fewer books, had shorter battery life, and a screen that was only 4 greyscale. Compare that to todays K3 at $189. And then let her know that you can have my K1 when you pry it from my cold, dead hands and that it was worth every penny I spent.
that policy has not been true for around a year now. But still one can return under Amazon's 30-day window then re-order at the new lower price.
snipenekkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 09:29 AM   #18
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
When the last price drop occured plenty of folks got it. There were posts about it at Kindle Boards, I was not posting here at the time so I have no clue if there were posts here. Perhaps they do it for the Kindle because they know people can return the device and buy another for the lower price and they want to avoid the returns.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote