Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-31-2011, 10:37 PM   #1
guiyoforward
Zealot
guiyoforward is a jewel in the roughguiyoforward is a jewel in the roughguiyoforward is a jewel in the roughguiyoforward is a jewel in the roughguiyoforward is a jewel in the roughguiyoforward is a jewel in the roughguiyoforward is a jewel in the roughguiyoforward is a jewel in the roughguiyoforward is a jewel in the roughguiyoforward is a jewel in the roughguiyoforward is a jewel in the rough

Device: Kindle DX Graphite
Request: Script wizard for automatic PDF formatting for K3

Hi everybody, I had what I think might be a good idea but have no clue on how to implement it. Many books on PDF are very small in the K3 if they are not trade paperbacks in the original, and I don't like reading sideways.
I would like a script that duplicates every page on a PDF and then crops the bottom half (on the first copy) and the top half (on the second copy). So a page whose top and bottom halves are:
_
A
B
_
gets conveted to two pages:
_
A
B
_
A
B
_
and then cropped:
_
A
_
B
_

Is this possible with full acrobat? with free software?
Thanks!
guiyoforward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 11:21 PM   #2
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
It is possible that soPDF can already do this, but it is probably easier to experiment with options like this via BRISS.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 12:39 AM   #3
kranu
I <3 my Kindle
kranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensions

Device: Kindle 3G + WiFi
Wait this doesn't make any sense to me. How does cutting every page in half going to help with PDF reading? You'd also have to expand the width, but cutting into quarters will just make it impossible to read it.
kranu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 12:46 AM   #4
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by kranu View Post
How does cutting every page in half going to help with PDF reading?
It will help in portrait mode if the height is the limiting factor in fitting the page to the screen. I agree that this probably isn't usually the case, but a trying a few PDFs with BRISS will quickly sort this out. Also, BRISS's margin (and header) cropping can't hurt.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 09:28 PM   #5
guiyoforward
Zealot
guiyoforward is a jewel in the roughguiyoforward is a jewel in the roughguiyoforward is a jewel in the roughguiyoforward is a jewel in the roughguiyoforward is a jewel in the roughguiyoforward is a jewel in the roughguiyoforward is a jewel in the roughguiyoforward is a jewel in the roughguiyoforward is a jewel in the roughguiyoforward is a jewel in the roughguiyoforward is a jewel in the rough

thanks for the replies. I refer to the case where I have some width left, as suggested by wallcraft.
but do you think briss can do the auto duplication too?
Old 02-01-2011, 09:33 PM   #6
guiyoforward
Zealot

SOPDF DOES THIS!!!!!!!!!!!! THANKS