Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations > Book Clubs

Notices

Old 09-12-2016, 01:52 AM   #46
Bookpossum
Snoozing in the sun
Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, Kobo Touch
I am getting on for halfway through, and finding much to enjoy. When I came to mention of the move to Chawton in Hampshire, I remembered visiting this house about eight years ago. For Book Club members who may not have had the chance to go there, I am attaching a few photographs I took during the visit. Of particular interest are the little table and chair at which Jane Austen sat when she was writing - not room for much more than a sheet of paper and a bottle of ink!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2009 Hampshire - Chawton 01 - Jane Austen's house.jpg
Views:	300
Size:	402.0 KB
ID:	151575   Click image for larger version

Name:	2009 Hampshire - Chawton 06 - garden and house.jpg
Views:	298
Size:	316.8 KB
ID:	151576   Click image for larger version

Name:	2009 Hampshire - Chawton 07 - kitchen.jpg
Views:	313
Size:	349.7 KB
ID:	151577   Click image for larger version

Name:	2009 Hampshire - Chawton 08 - piano.jpg
Views:	295
Size:	264.5 KB
ID:	151578   Click image for larger version

Name:	2009 Hampshire - Chawton 11 - Jane Austen's table and chair.jpg
Views:	289
Size:	288.0 KB
ID:	151579  
Bookpossum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 02:09 AM   #47
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
Lovely photos! Thanks for sharing. It took me awhile to get through the lengthy introduction of the Oxford edition. And, I'm still reading last month's selection!

It was worth it though because the intro explained about the family relationships and how that affected the sources that James used as well as biases. I'll have to revisit it after I read the memoir because then several of the points will be even clearer.

Last edited by Bookworm_Girl; 09-12-2016 at 02:11 AM.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-15-2016, 02:00 AM   #48
fantasyfan
Wizard
fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, 4G, iPad Air 2, iPhone IE
I enjoyed those photos, Bookpossum! If I get a chance to get over there, I'm going to make a point of visiting the place.
fantasyfan is offline   Reply With Quote