Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

View Poll Results: Will you be getting the new Kindle Oasis?
Definitely yes 63 18.16%
Probably yes 21 6.05%
Maybe 59 17.00%
No, nada, never 204 58.79%
Voters: 347. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-13-2016, 12:33 PM   #1
odamizu
just an egg
odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iOS
Will you be getting the new Kindle Oasis?

Ack! I did not expect to be so tempted, and yet, here I am contemplating an Oasis. Am I the only one?
odamizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 12:34 PM   #2
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by odamizu View Post
Ack! I did not expect to be so tempted, and yet, here I am contemplating an Oasis. Am I the only one?
Please go to the news forum.
There is a thread devoted to just this topic.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-13-2016, 12:35 PM   #3
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinisajoy View Post
Please go to the news forum.
There is a thread devoted to just this topic.
That thread is not a poll like this is.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 12:39 PM   #4
odamizu
just an egg
odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yes, I wanted to take poll to gauge how many people are actually thinking of getting one. But for a broader discussion, please discuss the Oasis in the big thread here:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=272987

Last edited by odamizu; 04-13-2016 at 12:42 PM.
Old 04-13-2016, 12:40 PM   #5
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I didn't see the poll.
My apologies.
Advert
Old 04-13-2016, 12:43 PM   #6
odamizu
just an egg

Polls are funny. First you have to post the thread, then add the poll, so the thread pops up first, and the poll a few minutes later, I think.
Old 04-13-2016, 12:45 PM   #7
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.

Quote:
Originally Posted by odamizu View Post
Polls are funny. First you have to post the thread, then add the poll, so it pops up a few minutes later, I think.
That explains it. I saw your post about the time you posted. Oh and I answered your poll.
Old 04-13-2016, 01:04 PM   #8
Pablo
Guru
Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SONY PRS-505, PRS-T2
Since Sony abandoned the ebook market I know that my next reader will probably be a Kindle. After years recommending Sony readers, when somebody asks me what to buy, I always tell them to buy the Paperwhite. After looking at the specs of the Oasis, I see no reason to change my advise.
Pablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 01:15 PM   #9
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
Don't get me wrong, I'm a sucker for new devices but that kind of money on an Amazon ereader, not me.
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 01:26 PM   #10
Bob B
Connoisseur
Bob B ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob B ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob B ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob B ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob B ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob B ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob B ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob B ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob B ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob B ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob B ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2
Price is way too high for an e-reader. People complained about the Voyage price! Yes, I understand it includes a charging cover, but please, $300 for an e-reader? They need to offer this without the cover for maybe $140 or less to get my attention. Otherwise, I am perfectly happy with my Paperwhite.
Bob B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 01:57 PM   #11
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
Not everyone Needs a Case Battery or not. I remember ALL those complaints about the K3 Lighted Cases! UGH!

Just a Guess but with 10 Lights! I betting the On board battery only lasts 10-12 hours.... Be interested to hear from Buyers on that. As it is with my PW3 I have to connect one of those Battery boosts to read it after 15 hours! It only has 4 Lights....
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 02:54 PM   #12
Yolina
Wizard
Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie1 View Post
I remember ALL those complaints about the K3 Lighted Cases! UGH!
I had totally forgotten about that - never had one of those covers for my K3 but now I remember they were causing so much grief and ended up being recalled or something. They were frying the K3s or something like that, didn't they?

I hope Amazon aren't planning a repeat performance with the Oasis covers

I'd rather my devices weren't dependent on a cover for battery life.

Last edited by Yolina; 04-13-2016 at 02:58 PM.
Yolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 03:15 PM   #13
soulfuldog
I ♥ Calibre
soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Voyage, Sony PRS-350, Hudl2
Watching the videos that are starting to appear, I love the look of it. But I'm very price conscious, so absolutely not at that price, never.
soulfuldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 03:48 PM   #14
Risthel
Risthel began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
No way someone can buy this on Brasil. (US$289.99 x 3,47[today exchange fee]) + 60%(taxes to import) = 1610,01R$. Almost double of minimum wage here(880R$/month).

So no, for while. This thing is overpriced.
Risthel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 03:53 PM   #15
NullNix
Guru
NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle Oasis 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie1 View Post
Not everyone Needs a Case Battery or not. I remember ALL those complaints about the K3 Lighted Cases! UGH!

Just a Guess but with 10 Lights! I betting the On board battery only lasts 10-12 hours.... Be interested to hear from Buyers on that. As it is with my PW3 I have to connect one of those Battery boosts to read it after 15 hours! It only has 4 Lights....
The lights do not account for most of the power consumption, certainly not if they're below full power. LED lights are cheap -- but repositioning all the tiny droplets of oil or whatever it is that constitute the pixels on every page turn, that's quite expensive.
NullNix is offline   Reply With Quote