Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 03-24-2016, 01:25 PM   #1
rvaneerd
rvaneerd began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-600
Question Synchronize eBooks with device after Library updates

Hi there,

I'm rather new to using Calibre so bear with me if I haven't found the right words to search for the answer to this question.

I have a catalog of over 500 books that I'm still organizing.
While Organizing I put several books on my Sony PRS-600 eReader.

As I'm used to dealing with iTunes for my iPad/iPhone I kind of got used to the fact that changes to the iTunes / iBooks libraries are synced to the devices upon reconnect.

Unfortunately I cannot get this to work in the combination of Calibre with my Sony PRS-600.

Any help would be greatly appreciated so I don't have top remove and re-add the books to the eReader.

Thanks for any hints / tips.

Regards,
Rob.
rvaneerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 03:59 PM   #2
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
I don't know of any way of doing selective auto-synching with current eink devices, let alone old models like the PRS600. You can certainly do it with Android reading devices by installing the Calibre Companion app from the Google Play store.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-24-2016, 04:08 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
My Manual method I use with my old, trusty PEz (RMSDK)

Filter ondevice:true
Sort last_modified

Select the books changed since last connected (Guess )
Send those

If you see any '2 books...' appear in on device, you changed someting that affected the template results

I select all those: Remove from device: sort the date column and remove ticks from w/todays
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 05:26 PM   #4
rvaneerd

Thanks will try / investigate.
Old 03-24-2016, 07:36 PM   #5
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
I use the Reading List plugin for this. You can create a list that syncs to the device when it is connected. There a several options including clearing the list once set. Then all I do is as I add or change books in the library, I add them to the list. When I connect the device, the books are sent.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-25-2016, 05:54 AM   #6
rvaneerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
I use the Reading List plugin for this. You can create a list that syncs to the device when it is connected. There a several options including clearing the list once set. Then all I do is as I add or change books in the library, I add them to the list. When I connect the device, the books are sent.
Thanks for this great Tip.
I just installed this plugin and I'm now exploring it's features :-)

Tags
calibre, prs-600, sony, sync, synchronize