Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook > PocketBook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 06-10-2015, 03:20 PM   #1
biokomiker
biokomiker began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 626
Replace brocken PB626 Touch Lux 2 Display with new Touch Lux 3 display

Hi,

I have broken the display of my Pocketbook 626 Touch Lux 2. I bought the new Touch Lux 3 which has a better display (eInk carta = Kindle Paperwhite 2nd generation).

Both version of Pocketbook are very similar and use same software.

Since the display of the Touch Lux 3 is clearly superior I would like to replace the display of my old Pocketbook with the new display.

I opened both books, hardware wise they look very similar, connectors are identical, chips as far as I could tell as well.

Any guesses if the new display would work on the Lux2 ?

Is there a driver issue since the display is different? However, both Pocketbooks use the same software for updating!

For Kindle Paperwhite Display replacements it is not possible to switch from 1st generation (=Lux 2) to 2nd generation (=Lux 3) ...

Unfortunately I did not get any useful information from the manufacturer ...

Any help & tips are appreciated,

biokomiker
biokomiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 05:51 AM   #2
anonymust
Book Reader
anonymust is a rising star in the heavensanonymust is a rising star in the heavensanonymust is a rising star in the heavensanonymust is a rising star in the heavensanonymust is a rising star in the heavensanonymust is a rising star in the heavensanonymust is a rising star in the heavensanonymust is a rising star in the heavensanonymust is a rising star in the heavensanonymust is a rising star in the heavensanonymust is a rising star in the heavens

Device: Pocketbook *** (Touch HD 3)
I can't answer your question, but I can help aiding users reading this to find a replacement screen for the "Pocketbook Touch Lux 2"

From what I researched, there are two differente types of screens (see picture bellow)

Moreover, I bought a replacement screen for my Touch Lux 2 on Aliexpress direct from China, the item discription is as exactly as followed:
Quote:
ED060XC3(LF)C1-00 e-link LCD Display Panel Screen for Amazon KINDLE Paper-white Digma s675 Onyx BOOX C67ML Magellan2
Images * please note The version numbers may differ from vendor to vendor, make sure you purchase the right connectors for your screen.:
Click image for larger version

Name:	mHJwMFx.png
Views:	1006
Size:	409.6 KB
ID:	161140

Last edited by pdurrant; 01-02-2018 at 02:55 AM. Reason: Change image to attachment
anonymust is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-10-2017, 01:12 AM   #3
nhedgehog
Guru
nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EnergySistemEreaderPro, Nook STG, Pocketbook 622, Bookeen Cybooks ...
You can replace the PB TL2 display with a TL3 display. I have done it before, no problem with the hardware. The difference is sorted out by the firmware, which is searching at the start of the device for the displaytype and acts accordingly.

PS: If you want to be sure before you place the order, use the mainboard from the PBTL2 on the PBTL3 and see if this works. It is easy to switch.

Last edited by nhedgehog; 05-10-2017 at 01:15 AM.
nhedgehog is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
626 display carta driver