Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 04-17-2015, 01:18 AM   #76
AlanHK
Guru
AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW-3, iPad, Android phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
Legacy Build: Sigil v0.8.6 VS2013/Qt5.4.1-Angle for XP SP3 or higher
Thanks!!!!!

The extra !!! are because this version seems to fix the problem I mentioned earlier, that I could only run the new version once before having to reset it using an old version.

Now I've used 0.86 a dozen times without a glitch. Fingers crossed.
AlanHK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2015, 10:36 AM   #77
AlanHK
Guru
AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Can we hope for an 0.9 rebuild?

0.86 has been working very well, but sometimes I have to make iBooks compatible and I'm handcoding some epub 3 features, hopefully 0.9 will do it for me.

Last edited by AlanHK; 11-13-2015 at 10:39 AM.
Advert
Old 11-13-2015, 02:46 PM   #78
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanHK View Post
Can we hope for an 0.9 rebuild?

0.86 has been working very well, but sometimes I have to make iBooks compatible and I'm handcoding some epub 3 features, hopefully 0.9 will do it for me.
We'll see. I may be able to squeeze another little bit out of Sigil for XP, but no promises. If we ever get to Qt5.5, I can practically guarantee that Sigil's run on XP will come to an end. It's getting pretty tenuous as it is.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2015, 08:30 PM   #79
AlanHK
Guru

Thanks -- it's odd that there isn't any commercial software that I need to upgrade beyond XP compatible, but all the freeware based on QT that is gradually leaving me behind.

Problem is I don't want to upgrade the OS and find my other essential and non-upgradeable software stops working.

I know there are workarounds, virtualisation, etc, but it takes weeks or months of hair pulling to get it all working again as efficiently as it is now.
Old 11-13-2015, 09:59 PM   #80
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
AFAIK, Sigil 0.9.0 doesn't have any major ePub3 features that are missing in 0.8.6. IIRC, KevinH added minimal support for opening and saving ePub3 files generated with his ePub3 plugin. For example, if you save an ePub3 that was generated with his ePub3 plugin in Sigil 0.9.0, it won't add an ePub2 style time stamp to the .opf file. IIRC, he also added ePub3 compatibility to the Gumbo parser and some other components.

IMHO, the best workflow is to generate a valid ePub2 file and to export it with the ePub3 output plugin once you're done.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-13-2015, 11:32 PM   #81
AlanHK
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doitsu View Post
ePub3 output plugin
Thanks for pointing that one out. Looks a bit easier than the trial and error manual coding I was doing to make it work.

But still hoping for Sigil 0.9 on XP.
Old 12-01-2015, 10:21 PM   #82
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I went and did it.

Updated the first post to include a link for the latest unofficial release of Sigil (v0.9.1) for XP.

Please don't report any problems you may have with this unofficial version in the official Sigil threads or on Sigil's Github issue tracker. The limited support I'm willing to provide for this build will all have to take place in this thread.
Old 12-01-2015, 11:46 PM   #83
AlanHK
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
I went and did it.
Thanks! Working in XP SP3.
Old 12-01-2015, 11:47 PM   #84
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Thanks! Working in XP SP3.
double
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2015, 11:38 PM   #85
bdf
bdf began at the beginning.

Device: sony PRS-T3
Checksum error?

Hi,
File Checksum Tool - KRyLack Software tells me this is the sha1 checksum not
the sha256 checksum, is this correct?
thanking you
bdf
bdf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 10:08 AM   #86
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdf View Post
Hi,
File Checksum Tool - KRyLack Software tells me this is the sha1 checksum not
the sha256 checksum, is this correct?
thanking you
bdf
Yes. You're correct. It IS the sha1 checksum. It does still match the binary download, though (I checked my local copy vs the google drive copy). Not sure how I botched that up, but I will add the real sha256 checksum asap. Thanks!

Last edited by DiapDealer; 01-01-2016 at 10:18 AM.
Old 01-27-2018, 03:20 PM   #87
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

I'm reviving the unofficial 32-bit legacy Windows Sigil build. See the first post for details.
Old 01-27-2018, 10:48 PM   #88
AlanHK
Guru

Thanks.

Installed .9.9 on XP3 and it seems fine.
Now I have 5 plugin buttons.

This time I uninstalled the previous version first, and found that leaves behind the plugins and settings which the new version assumes smoothly.

Does mean that if you really wanted to uninstall permanently you need to do some manual cleaning.
Old 01-28-2018, 08:23 AM   #89
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Thanks.

Installed .9.9 on XP3 and it seems fine.
Now I have 5 plugin buttons.

This time I uninstalled the previous version first, and found that leaves behind the plugins and settings which the new version assumes smoothly.

Does mean that if you really wanted to uninstall permanently you need to do some manual cleaning.
Yes. That's always been the case. Sigil's preferences folder in AppData/local would need to be manually removed.
Old 02-19-2019, 04:12 AM   #90
AlanHK
Guru

Version 9.11 is up
https://github.com/dougmassay/legacy...es/tag/v0.9.11

and working OK on XP SP3.

Thanks.