Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > Upload Help

Notices

Old 06-17-2015, 04:43 AM   #961
GrannyGrump
Obsessively Dedicated...
GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T2, ADE on PC
It's been a long hiatus, but I'm back again. Currently working on some of the Edith Nesbit books (author of The Railway Children, The Dragon Book, etc etc - very prolific).
I'm doing the children's books, the Bastable "Treasure Seekers" series.

Unfortunately, the third in the series "The New Treasure Seekers" is a rare bird indeed. I only found for free download the Gutenberg version and its countless clones, and a HTML transcription at upenn.edu site. No PDF found anywhere, so proofing will be only by personal judgment.
GrannyGrump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 05:37 AM   #962
doubleshuffle
Unicycle Daredevil
doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura HD (R.I.P. After six years the USB socket died.) tolino shine 3
Well, I don't usually post here, because I start putting pressure on myself once I've announced something, but anyway...

I'm working on two projects at the moment, one is a collection of all I can lay hands on in digital form by AE (George William Russell), an Irishman of the late 19th and early 20th centuries who was involved with everything and everyone that was interesting in Irish politics and culture at the time (Celtic Revival, poetry, theosophy, politics, agricultural reform, Yeats, Joyce...). If anybody should run across anything by him that's not on one of the Gutenbergs or the Internet Archive, I'd be grateful for a heads-up.

With my other project I'm venturing into the world of illustrated books, inspired by (and also a bit intimidated while on the other hand shamelessly stealing code from) the amazing efforts of GrannyGrump. Joseph Jacobs issued a number of collections of fairy tales with fantastic illustrations by J.D. Batten. I'm working on the Celtic Fairy Tales at the moment, but things are going well, and I think I might follow them up with more later.
doubleshuffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 03:17 AM   #963
GrannyGrump
Obsessively Dedicated...
GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@doubleshuffle-- oh, you are entering the frustrating and fascinating world of illustration rehabilitation! It's a deep forest, full of strange discoveries. Very satisfying when you have the patience for it.

The Online Books Page is a University of Pennsylvania database, that gives links to available free downloads of public domain books.
Take a look at this link to see if HathiTrust has any G. W. Russell titles you need: http://onlinebooks.library.upenn.edu...%201867%2d1935

If you are geo-restricted from HathiTrust, let me know by pm, and I can help.
Old 06-18-2015, 05:31 AM   #964
SBT
Fanatic
SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: prs-t1, tablet, Nook Simple, assorted kindles, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrannyGrump View Post
@doubleshuffle-- oh, you are entering the frustrating and fascinating world of illustration rehabilitation! It's a deep forest, full of strange discoveries. Very satisfying when you have the patience for it.
I second that. We really should get a wiki section on the topic. I never got further on that than this thread.
Since that posting, I've discovered the wonderful world of the G'MIC plugin for GIMP, which can make a lot of difference, especially for line drawings.
SBT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 03:37 AM   #965
doubleshuffle
Unicycle Daredevil
doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@Granny: Thanks for the kind words and offer. I'll PM you later today or tomorrow; in a bit of a hurry right now.

@SBT: Wow, that's a thread on images I've managed to miss so far. Thanks. I'll look into that G'MIC thingy.
Old 06-29-2015, 06:19 AM   #966
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by SBT View Post
Since that posting, I've discovered the wonderful world of the G'MIC plugin for GIMP, which can make a lot of difference, especially for line drawings.
G'MIC offers an overwhelming number of filters. Which ones are best suited for the rehabilitation of line drawings and what settings do you usually use?
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 09:09 AM   #967
SBT
Fanatic
SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: prs-t1, tablet, Nook Simple, assorted kindles, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doitsu View Post
G'MIC offers an overwhelming number of filters. Which ones are best suited for the rehabilitation of line drawings and what settings do you usually use?
Thought it was just as well to answer this in a new thread...
SBT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 11:46 AM   #968
PandathePanda
a toy panda
PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various Android dvices
Me is "working" on Tim and Tip by James Otis

Using Text from PG (Harper's Young People weekly) and images from HaitiTrust (found I can't DL the PDF, but their webinterface allows me to save the pics)

I'm up to Chapter 9.
PandathePanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 09:48 AM   #969
GrannyGrump
Obsessively Dedicated...

Hathitrust is persnickety if you are not assosciated with a university or other "partner". You can download one page at a time (if you are not geo-restricted from that particular file). I download the page, and then use one of the online pdf services to extract the image from that saved one-page pdf file. I use pdfaid.com, and extract to PNG. Quality of images is usually a little larger and clearer to work with than using a screen-shot.
Old 06-30-2015, 11:58 AM   #970
PandathePanda
a toy panda
PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrannyGrump View Post
Hathitrust is persnickety if you are not assosciated with a university or other "partner". You can download one page at a time (if you are not geo-restricted from that particular file). I download the page, and then use one of the online pdf services to extract the image from that saved one-page pdf file. I use pdfaid.com, and extract to PNG. Quality of images is usually a little larger and clearer to work with than using a screen-shot.
Luckily I wanted the pics only, and I used the right click in chrome to save. The pics are 10000% better than what I could find anywhere else.
Old 08-07-2015, 12:05 AM   #971
PandathePanda
a toy panda

Another one.

Ballad of the Lost Hare by Margaret Sidney. Almost finished, About 90% done.

A little taster is attached:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2015-08-07-05-48-49.jpg
Views:	337
Size:	418.2 KB
ID:	140851  
Old 08-07-2015, 03:18 AM   #972
AlexBell
Wizard
AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T3, Kobo Glo, Kindle Touch, iPad, Samsung SB 2 tablet
I'm currently working on Wilkie Collins in All the Year Round, a collection of 20 short articles - but of course not including the novels. I have a long way to go.
AlexBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 10:05 AM   #973
doubleshuffle
Unicycle Daredevil

I've recently discovered the mostly forgotten 19th century poet George Darley, who was not bad at all. I've begun working on an epub edition of his works, scans of which are available through the Internet Archive.

[I could use some help though with his Labours of Idleness: The scan available from the IA is of very bad quality and has even a few pages missing. There is a far better scan available from Hathi Trust, but in order to download it I would have to be affiliated with a partner institution of Hathi, which I am not. Anybody who is and might be willing to help me out?

Here is the link:
http://catalog.hathitrust.org/Record/008405246]

EDIT: Jellby's taking care of getting the scan for me. Thanks a lot, Jellby!!!

Last edited by doubleshuffle; 09-01-2015 at 02:42 PM.
Old 09-03-2015, 04:02 AM   #974
GrannyGrump
Obsessively Dedicated...

Well, I wanted to do Edith Nesbit's "Nine Unlikely Tales for Children", but unfortunately I can only find 3 of the tales in text. There are several free audiobooks of this one (the Librivox reading by Cori Samuel is wonderful!) but text is just not around.

I have only located:
The Cockatoucan
Melisande; or Long and Short Division
Whereyouwantogoto

I am still diligently searching for the following stories:
The Blue Mountain
The Prince, Two Mice, and Some Kitchen-Maids
Fortunatus Rex and Co.
The Sums That Came Right
The Town in the Library
The Plush Usurper

If anyone has seen them anywhere for free download, please let me know.

Meanwhile, I am going to try to do an omnibus collection of her short horror stories for adults, if I can find enough stories.

Last edited by GrannyGrump; 09-03-2015 at 04:04 AM.
Old 09-03-2015, 04:26 AM   #975
doubleshuffle
Unicycle Daredevil

Just checked my Delphi Classics edition of Nesbit - sorry, no success.