Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 10-16-2023, 07:16 PM   #46
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Code:
identifiers:"=isbn:" and  identifiers:"=kobo:"
Select all
Now you should be able to make a temp VL, use the tag browser to remove those
The search is not working. While it's showing Kobo Metadata as an ID, it's not available to search.

The problem as I see it is Kobo Books has stolen the ID name Kobo. Even deleting the Kobo Books plugin doesn't help.

Last edited by JSWolf; 10-16-2023 at 07:35 PM.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2023, 08:28 PM   #47
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Deleting the kobo: identifier will delete the Kobo Books identifier, which is not what I want.

The Kobo Metadata is reusing isbn. Hovering over it shows isbn:978xxxxxxxx.

Last edited by ownedbycats; 10-16-2023 at 08:31 PM.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-16-2023, 08:31 PM   #48
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Must be fairly recent: I had plenty come up with the title as part of the Kobo tag.
OTOH
I did not check more than a few
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2023, 08:38 PM   #49
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Add the Kobo Metadata plugin and then check Book Details on any book with an isbn: identifier.
Old 10-16-2023, 09:32 PM   #50
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
Add the Kobo Metadata plugin and then check Book Details on any book with an isbn: identifier.
Since the author of this plugin made it clear that the ISBN and not the Kobo ID is being used to ID books, why is this even being discussed? See message #37 in this thread where they write:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotSimone View Post
This is intended behaviour. The Kobo id tag comes from the previous plugin but I'm using the ISBN to id the books instead. Tbh I have noticed a small number of edge cases where this doesn't work completely correctly (Kobo having the wrong isbn or two books with the same isbn), but this seems fairly rare.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-17-2023, 10:59 AM   #51
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

Well thats frustrating enough to make me remove the plugin. Most of the books I have with an ISBN don't even have a Kobo page, and those that do have the kobo identifier.
Old 10-17-2023, 11:16 AM   #52
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
But is there a way to do something in calibre or the plugin to not display Kobo Metadata in ID?
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2023, 12:47 PM   #53
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
But is there a way to do something in calibre or the plugin to not display Kobo Metadata in ID?
No. If I knew of a way, I'd do it.
Old 10-17-2023, 01:46 PM   #54
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Uninstall the plugin and stop whinging?
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2023, 05:04 PM   #55
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

yes, unfortunately that is what I did
Old 10-21-2023, 06:42 AM   #56
NotSimone
Book Enjoyer
NotSimone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NotSimone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NotSimone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NotSimone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NotSimone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NotSimone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NotSimone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NotSimone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NotSimone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NotSimone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NotSimone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
How do I remove the 'Kobo Metadata' from the identifiers of every book that has an ISBN?
Is there a particular reason why you don't want this? Personally I like the idea of there being a single source of truth for identifying the book, especially when it seems to "just work" with the Kobo store.
NotSimone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2023, 06:53 AM   #57
NotSimone
Book Enjoyer
NotSimone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NotSimone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NotSimone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NotSimone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NotSimone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NotSimone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NotSimone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NotSimone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NotSimone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NotSimone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NotSimone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I've also updated with a small fix to the downloading of rescaled cover art. It only affects the quality of cover art when the "Resize cover" option is checked.
Old 10-21-2023, 07:14 AM   #58
NotSimone
Book Enjoyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by iupiter View Post
Could you add a feature that allows as to select a primary country but also multiple (or all) other countries for cover search?
I find, that a single country often fails but if I manually search with US, Canada and Germany I often find the missing covers, but i have to change the country each time.
Do you have an example of this? I haven't run into this myself - it seems the Aus book store has everything in my library
Old 10-21-2023, 10:32 AM   #59
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotSimone View Post
Is there a particular reason why you don't want this? Personally I like the idea of there being a single source of truth for identifying the book, especially when it seems to "just work" with the Kobo store.
I have a lot of paper books that don't exist on the Kobo Store, and a Kobo identifier for those that do. It's just overall useless for me.
Old 11-30-2023, 06:09 PM   #60
iupiter
iupiter began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad Color
Did something change with the kobo store?
I cannot get it to work anymore
iupiter is offline   Reply With Quote