Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 10-04-2022, 11:04 AM   #286
Dazrin
Wizard
Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, various Android devices
New book is up:
Nghi Vo’s The Empress of Salt and Fortune

https://ebookclub.tor.com/

Get it before 11:59PM Eastern Time on October 7th.
Dazrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2023, 12:55 AM   #287
MyFathersDragon
MyFathersDragon began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
I was getting the free ebooks from Tor since the beginning when they introduced their website with weekly free ebooks. And I continued after the Tor.com ebook club, but I missed some. I missed almost all of the offerings after a brain tumor (now removed!) was affecting me. I can’t find the USB drives on which I stored them. I would like to recreate my library of them. Are any of them available free anywhere. I know most wouldn’t be, but for example, Corey Doctorow offers his free. Also, I know some books have been offered more than once, so do you think most of them will be cycled through again?

A fun note: When my brain tumor was discovered after seizures and partial paralysis, my best friend said I should give it a name. I said I didn’t know what to name it. He said, “What about Doug?” I exclaimed, “A hitchhiker! Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy, Douglas Adams!” So, my brain tumor was named Doug.
MyFathersDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-22-2023, 06:11 PM   #288
Manabi
Wizard
Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Galaxy S22
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyFathersDragon View Post
I was getting the free ebooks from Tor since the beginning when they introduced their website with weekly free ebooks. And I continued after the Tor.com ebook club, but I missed some. I missed almost all of the offerings after a brain tumor (now removed!) was affecting me. I can’t find the USB drives on which I stored them. I would like to recreate my library of them. Are any of them available free anywhere. I know most wouldn’t be, but for example, Corey Doctorow offers his free. Also, I know some books have been offered more than once, so do you think most of them will be cycled through again?

A fun note: When my brain tumor was discovered after seizures and partial paralysis, my best friend said I should give it a name. I said I didn’t know what to name it. He said, “What about Doug?” I exclaimed, “A hitchhiker! Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy, Douglas Adams!” So, my brain tumor was named Doug.
Most won't be available for free elsewhere, and only a relatively small percentage of them get reshared as free from Tor overall. A lot of them were given away to promote an upcoming sequel in a series. Your best bet is to use eReaderIQ to track prices for books you're most interested in and hope they get made free somewhere again.

Congrats on getting rid of Doug! Hopefully he doesn't try to come back.
Manabi is offline   Reply With Quote