Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-06-2014, 06:33 AM   #121
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Has anyone tried Geoff's newest patch on the Aura?
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 06:39 AM   #122
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
Has anyone tried Geoff's newest patch on the Aura?
I'd be interested to hear the results too.

It is safe to use the patch on the Aura and it should have the same immediate effect (reducing the space between the objects on the homescreen) as on the Glo, but because the Aura has a slightly shorter screen I don't think that will be enough to fit a third row of book tiles. (But the only to know for sure is to try it out.)
GeoffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-06-2014, 06:50 AM   #123
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
The screen size on the Glo is 758 x 1024 pixels, and from what I found on Kobo's site, that's the same exact size of the Aura's screen as well. So one shouldn't be shorter than the other (unless Kobo's specs on their site is wrong). I'd try it if I were you, unless GeoffR posted some issue about it in the first few posts, to not use it on an Aura.
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 06:56 AM   #124
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffR View Post

It is safe to use the patch on the Aura and it should have the same immediate effect (reducing the space between the objects on the homescreen) as on the Glo, but because the Aura has a slightly shorter screen I don't think that will be enough to fit a third row of book tiles. (But the only to know for sure is to try it out.)
I'll try it.

No change. Home screen looks the same as before I put the patch in.

Last edited by booklover6; 11-06-2014 at 07:01 AM.
Old 11-06-2014, 06:58 AM   #125
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:

That's true. I've tried it but I don't have the three rows. What should I change?
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-06-2014, 07:14 AM   #126
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
That's true. I've tried it but I don't have the three rows. What should I change?
I think the Aura's screen is 10 pixels shorter than the Glo's, so you would need to reduce the replacement values in the patch by a total of 10 (maybe 8 would be enough, there might be a few spare pixels in the Glo's layout.)

I think if you reduce the search bar or footer any futher they will be cut off, but you can reduce the space between the search bar and tiles, and between tiles. But there is not going to be much margin left.

This is a version of the `Compact homescreen layout` patch with the margins reduced by an extra 10 pixels:
Spoiler:
Code:
<Patch>
patch_name = `Compact homepage layout (Aura)`
patch_enable = `yes`
#DragonHomePageView (Search bar height)
replace_string = CDEE88, `min-height:100px;`, `min-height:090px;`
replace_string = CDEE9B, `max-height:100px;`, `max-height:090px;`
#QWidget (Space below search bar)
replace_string = CDF021, `min-height:40px;`, `min-height:02px;`
replace_string = CDF033, `max-height:40px;`, `max-height:02px;`
#MultiColumnTileView (Space between tiles)
replace_string = CDF1D1, `horizontalSpacing:10;`, `horizontalSpacing:02;`
replace_string = CDF1F2, `verticalSpacing:10;`, `verticalSpacing:02;`
#footer (Footer menu bar height)
replace_string = CDF61E, `min-height:95px;`, `min-height:68px;`
replace_string = CDF630, `max-height:95px;`, `max-height:68px;`
#PhoenixSmallRecentBookTile
replace_string = CE63C4, `percentFontSize:28;`, `percentFontSize:22;`
replace_string = CE63E3, `progressFontSize:22;`, `progressFontSize:22;`
#RecentBookTile
replace_string = CE98C3, `percentFontSize:28;`, `percentFontSize:22;`
replace_string = CE98E8, `progressFontSize:22;`, `progressFontSize:22;`
</Patch>
Old 11-06-2014, 07:20 AM   #127
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
My post #116 shows the minimum I came up and it didn't really look that bad. Although I'll admit the clear screenshot makes it look better than it looked on the reader itself .
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 08:29 AM   #128
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:

This is a version of the `Compact homescreen layout` patch with the margins reduced by an extra 10 pixels:
SUCCESS!!! Geoff you are a genius!
Old 11-06-2014, 08:55 AM   #129
GeoffR
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
SUCCESS!!!
Thanks, I've added the `Compact homescreen layout (Aura)` patch to post #2.
Old 11-06-2014, 12:30 PM   #130
Inkblot
Canadian and proud of it!
Inkblot can read faster than his screen refreshesInkblot can read faster than his screen refreshesInkblot can read faster than his screen refreshesInkblot can read faster than his screen refreshesInkblot can read faster than his screen refreshesInkblot can read faster than his screen refreshesInkblot can read faster than his screen refreshesInkblot can read faster than his screen refreshesInkblot can read faster than his screen refreshesInkblot can read faster than his screen refreshesInkblot can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: Kobo Aura (N514)
Here's GeoffR's home screen patch on my Aura.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20141106_100834.jpg
Views:	292
Size:	1.14 MB
ID:	130685  

Last edited by Inkblot; 11-06-2014 at 12:32 PM. Reason: Rotated image
Inkblot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 01:57 PM   #131
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thank you, I'll try it tonight... if I'm able before going to bed after work ;(
Old 11-06-2014, 04:43 PM   #132
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer

Thank you, it looks much better now.
Old 11-07-2014, 04:38 AM   #133
Cesco
Connoisseur
Cesco can illuminate an eclipseCesco can illuminate an eclipseCesco can illuminate an eclipseCesco can illuminate an eclipseCesco can illuminate an eclipseCesco can illuminate an eclipseCesco can illuminate an eclipseCesco can illuminate an eclipseCesco can illuminate an eclipseCesco can illuminate an eclipseCesco can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Kobo Aura 2-Aura H2O-K1-LibraH2O
It works very well on my Glo. I wonder if you can help me to change the values to use it on the Aura hd.Thank you for your excellent work
Cesco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 06:47 AM   #134
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cesco View Post
It works very well on my Glo. I wonder if you can help me to change the values to use it on the Aura hd.Thank you for your excellent work
What change, exactly, do you want to see on your Aura HD? My already gets 11 book cover tiles on it, just using the Kobo Utilities feature in Calibre to remove unwanted tiles.
Old 11-07-2014, 02:52 PM   #135
Cesco
Connoisseur
Cesco can illuminate an eclipseCesco can illuminate an eclipseCesco can illuminate an eclipseCesco can illuminate an eclipseCesco can illuminate an eclipseCesco can illuminate an eclipseCesco can illuminate an eclipseCesco can illuminate an eclipseCesco can illuminate an eclipseCesco can illuminate an eclipseCesco can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Kobo Aura 2-Aura H2O-K1-LibraH2O
I just need to have a home page similar to the one I have on glo, however I'll do some tests with kobo utilities, thank you for your answer
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screen_002.png
Views:	232
Size:	197.6 KB
ID:	130742  
Cesco is offline   Reply With Quote