Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 11-03-2021, 07:37 AM   #1
snowplums
snowplums began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra H20
Installing KOReader without USB access on Kobo Libra H2O?

Hi, I had KOReader previously installed on my Kobo Libra H2O, but a few weeks ago, my computers all refused to read the Kobo via USB (Kobo recognises PC, PC doesn't recognise Kobo). I've tried everything suggested in the forums: change wires/ uninstall ports/ use USB hubs/ everything I can find short of doing a factory reset - I don't want to have to reload the 1000+ books I have on it unless absolutely necessary. And then today my NickelMenu button came up with a "Generator error" button instead of where the usual "KOReader" button appears. So please please advise me on how I can install/reinstall KOReader on my Kobo when there is absolutely no way to get it connected to the computer via USB. I've had a look at websites on how to hack to setup Telnet/SSH, but those also seem to require USB access, and as I'm a computer noob I pretty much got lost after a few lines

So, is there any way to install/reinstall KOReader without USB access (ie all done via wifi)? If there is, is there an installation for dummies page for noobs like me?

If there isn't, could anyone please suggest what I could do to get my KOReader back in my Kobo? I read on the KOReader for CN-CN Dictionary support, so it's quite annoying to go elsewhere to lookup words currently. (I know, I'm spoilt by the convenience provided by KOReader ) And now that my USB is dead, I can't sideload the dictionaries into Kobo OS.

I'm currently on Kobo software version 4.28.18220, but I saw that there is a new version coming out, so no matter what I will still need to do a new installation of KOReader.
snowplums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2021, 07:45 AM   #2
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
If you search for "devmodeon" in the Kobo search bar I believe it should enable telnet.
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert