Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 11-28-2021, 10:37 PM   #1
arthurimb
arthurimb began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
azw1 conversion error

Hi guys, this is my first thread. I am trying to convert a kindle book to pdf so I have installed calibre and Calibre DeDrm plugin, connected my kindle, imported the book but whenever I try to convert it there's an error "calibre, version 5.32.0, WARNING: Could not convert some books: Could not convert the book because no supported source format was found NAME OF THE BOOK - No supported formats (Available formats: azw1)"

Likewise, when I try to save it on my disk, there's an error "calibre, version 5.32.0
WARNING: Error while saving: Failed to update metadata in some books, click "Show details" for more information

Failed to update the metadata in the AZW1 format of: NAME OF THE BOOK by Unknown, with error:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre/customize/ui.py", line 451, in set_file_type_metadata
File "calibre/customize/builtins.py", line 542, in set_metadata
File "calibre/ebooks/metadata/topaz.py", line 381, in set_metadata
File "calibre/ebooks/metadata/topaz.py", line 112, in __init__
ValueError: '/home/MyPC/Unknown/NAME OF THE BOOK - Desconhecido.azw1': Invalid Topaz format - no metadata record"

What am I missing?

Thanks a lot
arthurimb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2021, 11:34 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
AZW1 (Topaz) does not allow embedding metadata
It is advisory
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2021, 04:53 AM   #3
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
I suspect that the DRM hasn't been removed. When a Topaz format book is imported and the DRM removed, it appears as HTMLZ.

You'll need to ask for help with DRM removal elsewhere, as detailed help with DRM removal isn't permitted at MobileRead.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote