Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 09-05-2021, 12:45 AM   #1
nielsk_
nielsk_ began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Unhappy Cannot dismiss keyboard in Content Server-settings

I have an iPad Pro and an iPhone XR. On my iPad works everything fine after I set the Content Server address in the „normal“ setting and under advanced. Just https://mydomain.com without a port.

On the iPhone it won’t work because on the IP address the „enter“-button is a next-button and on the Port it it is a done-button. But the done-button is greyed out when I do not enter a port. But the app does not allow to enter a port when you have a URL set. And there is now way to dismiss the keyboard like other apps sometimes have.

I bet if I can connect a Bluetooth-keyboard everything works fine since the soft-keyboard is not shown and I can hit Ok in the dialogue.

Please fix this bug so that people without a Bluetooth-keyboard can use the app on an iPhone
nielsk_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2021, 01:11 AM   #2
nielsk_

With a bluetooth-keyboard I could finally enter all the data and press ok on the iPhone XR but it still does not download any data. How does it differ from the iPad version? Shouldn’t it be the same and give me the same result with identical settings?
Old 09-05-2021, 01:21 AM   #3
nielsk_

It does the right thing though. It tries to get /opds but it does not ask me for credentials.

But now it works. What did I do. Well I have another site with http-basic auth. When I entered this and tried to connect Calibre Companion asked me for credentials but couldn’t find a content server. Then I switched back to the original one. Since the Content Server uses for reasons the same credentials as the other site, Calibre Companion could log in.

So Calibre Companion has a) a problem with the soft keyboard and b) a problem when the authentication of a content server is not handled via basicauth but via the login-functionality of the content server.
Old 09-05-2021, 02:44 AM   #4
nielsk_

A suggestion for b): when you get a 401 return code show the window for entering credentials and try it again.
Old 09-05-2021, 06:46 AM   #5
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@nielsk_ - the Calibre Companion developers abandoned it months ago.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2021, 09:13 AM   #6
nielsk_

-.-

and I found finally use for it and even subscribed...
Old 09-05-2021, 04:16 PM   #7
Deskisamess
Wizard
Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad mini, 2021 iPad Pro 12.9",Paperwhite 6.8"
It's not right that uses are still able to subscribe. The app should be pulled from Apple and whatever other store it's available in.

Users subscribe in good faith when an app is available on legit stores. Although a glance at the most recent reviews on the Apple store should be a clue to avoid the app.
Deskisamess is offline   Reply With Quote