Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 10-16-2009, 06:22 AM   #1
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Friday the 16th : Question of the day

It's almost the end of the week, and the weekend beckons - what plans do you have ?

Me ?
Reading, gardening and generally lazing about .....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 07:26 AM   #2
derrell
Jack O' Apes
derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Ebookwise 1150, Nokia N810, EZ-Reader, HTC Droid Incredible, Archos 70
Still looking for a job so I'll make a few calls this morning and hopefully get an interview for this afternoon. For the weekend some reading and generally staying about the house, costs less that way, probably give the yard one more mowing since the grass seems to have stopped growing.
derrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-16-2009, 07:53 AM   #3
PieOPah
Addict
PieOPah has learned how to read e-booksPieOPah has learned how to read e-booksPieOPah has learned how to read e-booksPieOPah has learned how to read e-booksPieOPah has learned how to read e-booksPieOPah has learned how to read e-booksPieOPah has learned how to read e-booksPieOPah has learned how to read e-books

Device: Sony PRS-505
I am hoping that my new Xbox 360 Game 'Brutal Legend' has arrived ni the post. If so, I plan to spend a couple of hours with this. Then, I am hoping that I can have a lie in on Saturday Morning (although this is unlikely with the girls waking up at 6am and jumping into bed with us!)

Saturday is most likely going to be a day of doing very little (I'll be looking after the youngest whilst the eldest goes to dance class).

Sunday it is my nieces 3rd birthday so will be travelling to see her (as well as my sister, brother-in-law and nephew!)
PieOPah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 08:12 AM   #4
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Dog walks, markets, pool, beach, food prep, house-cleaning, garden-work, pool-surround repair, intergalactic war-mongering, visitors, dog walks, Massimos icecream, beach, pool, spa, drinkies,...the usual.
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 08:23 AM   #5
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
saturday morning is a work party at the puppy park, not sure what else the weekend has in store
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-16-2009, 09:02 AM   #6
GeoffC
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post
Dog walks, markets, pool, beach, food prep, house-cleaning, garden-work, pool-surround repair, intergalactic war-mongering, visitors, dog walks, Massimos icecream, beach, pool, spa, drinkies,...the usual.

and how, may I ask, is that different to what you do on any other day ?!
Old 10-16-2009, 09:15 AM   #7
Slite
Icanhasdonuts?
Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura 2nd edition, Kobo Clara HD
Bah... changing the tires on both cars to snowtires, washing them, changing some lightbulbs in them, making sure they are topped of with windshieldwasherfluid.

Apart from that, I'll try to get some excuse to park my lazy ass infront of the fire with whisky, BeBook and one of the goggies in comfortable scritching distance.
Slite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 09:48 AM   #8
GeoffC

...seems like you have a 'plan'
Old 10-16-2009, 10:50 AM   #9
rebarnmom
Wizard
rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-700 (traded in), Sony PRS-650
Reading is a given. Hopefully closing up our pool (which got hardly any use this summer) and mowing the lawn (hopefully for the last time this season) if we can get more than one day in a row of sunshine. Putting things on eBay en masse. (We need the money.) Taking daughter & friends to various activities and as always enjoying our Saturday family night of watching Doctor Who with daughter's BFF (who we've gotten hooked on the show) which always follows with an overnight because of the hour it is on. (Just an aside... Around where I live and view the program, they just ended the third season of David Tennant and are now replaying season 1. When we first found that we could get this program, it was in the middle of the 2nd season. So we should be having some "ah ha" moments in answer to questions we've had with Rose, Captain Jack and the Face of Boe, etc.) Well, that's about all that's planned for this weekend!
rebarnmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 10:54 AM   #10
GeoffC

program one, Doctor Who; - yep the good old black and white days ...
Old 10-16-2009, 11:07 AM   #11
rebarnmom
Wizard
rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-700 (traded in), Sony PRS-650
No, no, no. They only went back in time to season one of the tenth doctor. The Christmas Invasion where he loses his hand (Our first aha! moment ). I would love for them to go back to the very black & white beginning, but I don't control the programming.
rebarnmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 11:55 AM   #12
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
It's almost the end of the week, and the weekend beckons - what plans do you have ?

Me ?
Reading, gardening and generally lazing about .....
Saturday cannot come fast enough. (its still Friday here)

Thats when beloved gets to start radio surgery......a misleading nomer since it involves no surgery, just a 90 second, highly intensive localized radiation burst.

Saturday, Sunday, the following Friday Saturday and Sunday. Five treatments.......then he "simmers" for 4 months......
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 12:01 PM   #13
crsheilah
Connoisseur
crsheilah can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.crsheilah can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.crsheilah can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.crsheilah can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.crsheilah can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.crsheilah can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.crsheilah can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.crsheilah can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.crsheilah can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.crsheilah can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.crsheilah can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Velocity Cruz T103
Question of the Day

Tomorrow (Saturday), here in Costa Rica, I will be enjoying with our neighbors, our son and his wife and our 3 grandkids. The neighbors have invited us there for a pool party for the kids along with food and drink. Should be fun. If there's anything left of the day, I plan on continuing reading Heidi to the two older grandkids (6-yr-old twins). The girl loves it, the boy can take it or leave it.
crsheilah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 12:49 PM   #14
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Mentally resting up from finishing DOS4, and to prepare for DOS5, and the upcoming e-book reference book attempt.

I thought I'd be going to the Solar Decathalon this weekend, too... but it looks like clouds and rain all weekend, and there's nothing sadder than going to a tour of solar homes, and listening to all the guides tell you: "We've got this great solar-powered this, that, and the other thing, and 49 panels on the roof, and solar-heated water for showers and tea, and heat-absorbing tiles to keep the floors warm... but it's been raining for 4 days, so none of it's working now..."

Last edited by Steven Lyle Jordan; 10-16-2009 at 12:52 PM.
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 05:32 PM   #15
ravenne
Wizard
ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, PocketBook 360°, Cybook Gen3, iPad mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by crsheilah View Post
Tomorrow (Saturday), here in Costa Rica, I will be enjoying with our neighbors, our son and his wife and our 3 grandkids. The neighbors have invited us there for a pool party for the kids along with food and drink. Should be fun. If there's anything left of the day, I plan on continuing reading Heidi to the two older grandkids (6-yr-old twins). The girl loves it, the boy can take it or leave it.

I loved Heidi when I was a kid. I guess, I still do. Have fun reading it!
ravenne is offline   Reply With Quote