Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-07-2019, 08:41 AM   #1
otaku2255
otaku2255 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Nook HD
Help with KSM Update 2 on Clara HD

Hey,

So, I just got my Clara HD yesterday and installed KSM 09 this morning. Loving it so far for the ability to boot KoReader, which is far and away better than the default nickel software.

I used the special KBStartMenu_09_plus_update_001_and_nightmode.zip made for the Clara HD device. It was working splendidly without any issues.

Then I tried to update to the KSM09_update002.zip file using the instructions. It installed and booted into KSM without issue (although the menu items were much smaller, which I think looks way better).

However, whenever I try to click on anything, it automatically reboots into the default OS. Did I do something wrong by updating? Any way to fix this?

Thanks.

Last edited by otaku2255; 03-07-2019 at 08:43 AM.
otaku2255 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 02:28 PM   #2
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
I am glad you like KSM.

I guess you did not see this note in the first post of the KSM 9 thread:
Quote:
Clara HD is supported by a special version of KSM 9 (including also the "changed start script for Plato 0.4.1+"), which is available here. Thank you to CH23 for testing and uploading the package. Note: Do not install any of the currently available KSM updates (and also not KBStartMenu_09_restore.zip) over this package, since they are not designed for this version.
Please factory reset your device and install the Clara HD version of KSM again.
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-08-2019, 05:10 AM   #3
otaku2255
otaku2255 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Nook HD
Hey,

I figured as much so I did the factory reset while I was waiting for a response.

It was a shame as I had transferred all of my books to the SD card directly when I was swapping out for a larger card so it took me several hours to recoup the lost books (over 20 GB).

Anyway, I solved the issue and I have everything running again. I won't be so foolish next time.

Thank you.
otaku2255 is offline   Reply With Quote