Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 02-15-2015, 07:42 AM   #1
Buhaj47
Zealot
Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3, Kobo Libra 2
Backup of reading stats

How can I make a backup of my reading statistics (and annotations) in case I need to do factory reset or sign out of Kobo account?
Buhaj47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 08:16 AM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
This has been discussed before and it can be done, but there is no automatic method. The last discussion was here with a suggestion. A search should find the older discussions but I don't remember them being any different.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-16-2015, 03:29 AM   #3
xPrzybyLx
xPrzybyLx began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
I just lost my Reading Stats and I want to manually enter Total Hours of reading...

What eventType is this ?
xPrzybyLx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 05:08 AM   #4
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The event type is 5, but it isn't as easy as that. The ExtraData column needs to be filled with valid data and so does the Checksum. I don't know how to fill these in.
Old 02-16-2015, 11:12 AM   #5
xPrzybyLx
xPrzybyLx began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
I have Kobo Aura HD and in KoboReader.sqlite in Event table I do not have any
EventType=5 there are other like: 0,1,3,36,,46,79 etc... I currently have 0,3h of total read (
that is what Kobo shows ) but I can't locate it in the DB ...

Also if I change some value in the Events how to recalculate checksum ?
xPrzybyLx is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-16-2015, 05:58 PM   #6
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

EventType=5 rows are added when you finish a book. As there is one for each book you finish, if you haven't finished one since you lost the stats, there won't be one

But, its a good point about the reading time. It has to be in one of the other events. It might be 3 as that is start a book and from memory the ExtraData looks like a series of timestamps. But there is another pair of events that are open and close a book, they might have the times. Or it might be in a singleton event that has the cumulative details. I have a list of events that I know about at home, and I've posted it in the past, but can't find it. I don't remember one I would have thought held the total time.

As to the checksum, I don't know how to calculate it. I've never really looked into it as I don't even know which columns in the table the checksum is over.