Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 06-04-2011, 10:27 AM   #1
wvg_mr
wvg_mr began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Ebook Reader
Screen stays on 'loading'..

All,

Apologies if my question have been discussed or answered somewhere in this forum. Did a quick search, but couldn't find the answer...

Situation: I have a Kobo reader - Software version 1.8.3 (r22907, Dec 2010). Always worked well. However, since my last sync (2 days ago), I can only open the pre-installed books on the Kobo - NOT the books I have purchased from the kobo website. When I try to load/open an ebook I bought, the screen displays the cover, but the loading status bar stays empty. For hours. It does this for all the ebooks I bought (so not related to one specific ebook I bought).

When I try to open these books on the Kobo app on my macbook: no problem. Same for the kobo app on my ipad: I can open & read these ebooks without a problem.

So, it seems to be something with the kobobook reader. I have reset it back to factory settings and synced again, but to no avail. I don't use any other ebook software (e.g., Calibre) to sync with my kobo from my macbook.

Any ideas how to resolve this are appreciated!
Thx in advance & KR,
William
wvg_mr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 11:51 AM   #2
ltr
Addict
ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.

Device: Kindle PW-2
Is it the WiFi model? If so, the firmware is not up to date.

ltr
ltr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-04-2011, 08:03 PM   #3
wvg_mr
wvg_mr began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Ebook Reader
Hi LTR - thx for the response. No, my kobo is one of the first ones released 1.5 years ago. Not the new WIFI model.
wvg_mr is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
loading problem